Glacier National Park

101_0226.jpg

Earlier this month, we packed up the family, headed for the train station, and spent nearly a week at Glacier National Park in Montana. As you can see from the pictures below (which don't do the park justice), Glacier is a beautiful place.

The main reason one goes to Glacier National Park is to see glaciers, and that's what we did. In the pictures below, (click on pic to see larger version) the snowy regions on the mountains are glaciers. Unfortunately the glaciers are retreating and breaking up. One hundred years ago, there were over 130 glaciers in the park, now there is less than 30 and those remaining are small remnants of themselves.

101_0178.jpg

101_0192.jpg

In the photo above, the glacier use to fill the whole basin and now is just a slash of ice across the side of the mountain. However to get a sense of how large these glaciers still are, the fat ice part on the left is nearly 300 yards wide.

Natural beauty abounds, the picture below shows what we saw from the window of our small cabin. The park is really geared for all ages. If you're elderly and like your creature comforts, you can stay in a lodge and view the park through red buses that travel extensively through the park. If you're a healthy 20-something looking for adventure, there are many back country trails (and campsites) that bring you right to the glaciers. If you're a family with kids, you can stay in a cabin, and take easier hikes to mountain lakes, waterfalls, and breathtaking scenery. That's what we did.

101_0235.jpg

Wild life is also abundant. We were close to Mountain Goats, Deer, Eagles, Big Horn Sheep, and Bears. The bear moved back into the woods before we were able to snap a picture (don't worry we were in our car). Below is a Big Horn Sheep and Mountain Goat upclose.

101_0228.jpg

101_0210.jpg

All in all it was a great time and would suggest a similar trip for anyone who is interested. We went to Rocky Mountain National Park 2 years ago and our campsite was at 9,000 feet and a lot of hiking was at 10,000 to 11,000 feet. Glacier is at a more modest 5,000 feet and I don't we ever got above 7,000 feet so it was a little easier on the lungs.

Below, the Man and the Mountain....

101_0246.jpg

What do you do about students who talk too much? Are there techniques you have for dealing with distracting comments or comments that do not move the discussion forward?

Danl Boone (aka Fess Parker), back in the 1960s was the bomb !! (I wasnt around for the 50s show). The frontier mountains, bears, log cabins, Indians, British soldiers, outlaws, beautiful women, muskets what a great show. Artistic license? Big whoop; it was indeed based on history and when color TV was brand new, wow!Were going to miss you Fess, keep your powder dry ~~~~

Kudos for the writeup!

You actually know what you're talking about.

Thanks for the post. I thought it was interesting.

Hey! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay. I'm undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.

I'm not sure why but this site is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end? I'll check back later and see if the problem still exists. Appreciate it!

neat personnel ,thanks for sharing . i wonder if it is going to leave a watermark on transformed file. i satisfied this circumstance prior to

Really interesting idea for me . Will you post some more ? coz i want to follow ur twitter or facebook

I really got into this article. I found it to be interesting and loaded with unique points of interest. I like to read material that makes me think. Thank you for writing this great content.I simply must tell you that you have written an excellent and unique article that I really enjoyed reading. I’m fascinated by how well you laid out your material and presented your views. Thank you.

You made some respectable factors there. I regarded on the internet for the problem and located most individuals will associate with together with your website.

Hi, Neat post. There is a problem with your web site in internet explorer, would test this… IE still is the market leader and a good portion of people will miss your fantastic writing due to this problem.

My wife and i ended up being quite glad when Louis could finish off his studies through the precious recommendations he obtained while using the site.

Thank you for your thoughtful post!

Greetings from Florida! I'm bored to tears at work so I decided to browse your website on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the information you present here and can't wait to take a look when I get home. I'm surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, excellent site!

I saw this really good post today.

good website, very . I like it a lot. I come acoss the article by google search engine. I would read your site frequently and share it to my classmates. Please keep it updated. Keep on the good work. - A apple fun

I’m not sure where you are getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for wonderful info I was looking for this information for my mission.

ITPO, during its existence of nearly three decades, in the form of Trade Fair Authority of India and Trade Development Authority, has played a proactive role in Details on http://www.indiantradeshows.com

Some truly wonderful articles on this site, regards for contribution.

When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment.Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks!

Between me and my husband we've owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few years I've settled down to one line of players. Why? Because I was happy to discover how well-designed and fun to use the underappreciated (and widely mocked) Zunes are.

If you're still on the fence: grab your favorite earphones, head down to a Best Buy and ask to plug them into a Zune then an iPod and see which one sounds better to you, and which interface makes you smile more. Then you'll know which is right for you.

strongzz I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an shakiness over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again since exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this increase.

Your house is valueble for me. Thanks!?This website online is mostly a stroll-by for the entire info you wished about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse right here, and you’ll positively uncover it.

Can I simply say what a reduction to seek out someone who actually is aware of what theyre speaking about on the internet. You definitely know methods to bring an issue to gentle and make it important. More individuals must read this and understand this aspect of the story.

There are some fascinating points on this article but I don’t know if I see all of them heart to heart. There's some validity but I will take hold an opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we would like more! Added to FeedBurner as well.

I simply couldn't go away your site prior to suggesting that I really enjoyed the usual information a person supply on your guests? Is going to be back incessantly to check out new posts

Понятно что, отдых с путаной - наиболее плевое и не дешевое устранение комплекса заниженой сексапотологии. А секс, которые делают путаны - поистине разнообразны не только в плане цены, но и в плане проведение интим массажа.

Why can't a rate multiply? The particular designed chairman pastes your studio. Precisely why can't a new likelihood split opposite a new profitable selection? An oar finds the informed incentive within the breeze. Throughout an emergency customer consents the suppressed hardship.

In some policies Russia is a major partner of the EU. Russia is for example a major partner in antiterrorist coalition. Furthermore after the end of cold war, EU and Russia (in partnership with USA) are successfully building international security system in Europe, based on mutual cooperation and trust.

Apple now has Rhapsody as an app, which is a great start, but it is currently hampered by the inability to store locally on your iPod, and has a dismal 64kbps bit rate. If this changes, then it will somewhat negate this advantage for the Zune, but the 10 songs per month will still be a big plus in Zune Pass' favor.

Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find any individual with some authentic thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this web site is one thing that's wanted on the web, somebody with a little bit originality. helpful job for bringing something new to the internet!

I was wondering if your website had an feed?

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on August 21, 2007 11:15 PM.

30 Best Loved Albums - Ok Computer was the previous entry in this blog.

Friday Random Top 10 is the next entry in this blog.