Friday Random Top 10

gourds.jpg

One of my life's goals is to see an ass-kickin' country-rock band in some dusty Texas roadhouse where the beer is flowing and the beer bottles are flying. Last night (Thursday) I came a little bit closer as I saw The Gourds at the Golden West Saloon on historic Route 66 in Albuquerque. Now the Golden West Saloon isn't a Texas Roadhouse but it is an old timey joint with a tin ceiling, grungy toilets, and a long bar. It's a place where Sal Paradise and Dean Moriarty undoubtedly stopped at on their cross-country travels. The Gourds, from Austin Texas, absolutely kicked ass!! We're talking loud, fast, country rock with a full complement of slide guitar, mandolin, organ, accordian, and guitars. A lot of fun. With that, live from Albuquerque is this week's top 10:

1. Happy When It Rains - Jesus and Mary Chain
2. Bookends - Simon and Garfunkel
3. Time Heals - Geardaddies
4. The Civil Defense Sign - Mark Spoelsta
5. The Denial Twis - The White Stripes
6. San Antonio Rose - Patsey Cline
7. I am A Child - Neil Young
8. Nervous Breakdown - Eddie Cochran
9. Everybody's Tryin' to be my Baby - Johnny Cash
10. Hurricane - Golden Smog

What's Your Top 10?

Between me and my husband we've owned more over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few years I've settled down to one line of players. Why? Because I was happy to discover how well-designed and fun to use the underappreciated (and widely mocked) Zunes are.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on October 5, 2007 8:04 AM.

30 Best Loved Albums - Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash was the previous entry in this blog.

30 Best Love Albums - Kiss Alive! is the next entry in this blog.