The Hobbit is Coming to a Theater Near You!

Besides getting an I-Pod Touch, if this doesn't make your Holidays brighter, nothing will...

ACADEMY AWARD-WINNER PETER JACKSON AND NEW LINE CINEMA JOIN WITH MGM TO PRODUCE “THE HOBBIT�...

Los Angeles, CA (Tuesday, December 18, 2007) Academy Award-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson; Harry Sloan, Chairman and CEO, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM); Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne, Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs of New Line Cinema have jointly announced today that they have entered into the following series of agreements:

* MGM and New Line will co-finance and co-distribute two films, “The Hobbit� and a sequel to “The Hobbit.� New Line will distribute in North America and MGM will distribute internationally. Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh will serve as Executive Producers of two films based on “The Hobbit.� New Line will manage the production of the films, which will be shot simultaneously.

The two “Hobbit� films – “The Hobbit� and its sequel – are scheduled to be shot simultaneously, with pre-production beginning as soon as possible. Principal photography is tentatively set for a 2009 start, with the intention of “The Hobbit� release slated for 2010 and its sequel the following year, in 2011.... For more information about “The Hobbit� films, please visit www.TheHobbitBlog.com.

I enjoyed your post. I have been reading on this topic for a long time now and it seems that everytime I turn the corner I am always learning new things that I never knew before. I did have an issue with setting your RSS feed but that may have been my computer just not doing something right.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on December 18, 2007 1:46 PM.

Ballpark Development was the previous entry in this blog.

Cloverfield! is the next entry in this blog.