Blogging from the Dead

soldier1.jpg

What if you could blog from the dead, what would you say?

Well a soldier who was stationed in Iraq did just that. Major Andrew OImstead blogged from his perch as a soldier in the Iraq War. Most postings were typical: outling the boring and terrifying moments of modern day soldiering in a war zone.

However Andrew also wrote an entry that was to be put on his blog if he was killed in Iraq. Sadly that day came last week.

His post is a mixture of humor, sadness, regret, and no apologies. He takes an interesting perspective. He knows that the only way we are reading his words is because he is dead. Of course there is gallows humor but there is also perspective. It's a provacative and thoughtful post and I encourage you all to read it.

I keep listening to the news speak about getting free online grant applications so I have been looking around for the best site to get one.

Hallo, sehr interessanter Artikel. Ich liebe dieses Thema und warte auf mehr Posts dieser Art.

For the above poster, are you able to a lot more clearly explain everything you mean? I wish to state that within the feeling you have expressed yourself, it may be a bit hard to understand for some individuals. Many thanks!

Hello! I could have sworn Ive been to this weblog prior to but following browsing through some of the post I realized its new to me. Anyways, Im certainly pleased I identified it and Ill be book-marking and checking back regularly!

MTV is getting busy with the True Life's!!! LOVE IT!

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on January 9, 2008 8:39 PM.

Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story was the previous entry in this blog.

Friday Random Top 10 is the next entry in this blog.