Friday Random Top 10

I went to a Timberwolves game this past week. Al Jefferson needs to learn how to box out. Here’s your Friday Random Top 10:

1. Moods for Moderns – Elvis Costello
2. My Back Pages – Bob Dylan
3. Hooked on a Feeling – Blue Suede
4. Ooh Las Vegas – Gram Parsons
5. The Gash – The Flaming Lips
6. Good Lovin’ – Grateful Dead
7. You Won’t See Me – The Beatles
8. Another Brick in the Wall, Part 1 – Luther Wright and the Wrongs
9. Shot in the Arm – Wilco
10. De Clare Guerre Nucleaine – The Hives

For a limited time only at Starbucks: Deep Cuts a 10-song CD of lesser-played songs from your favorite artists. Act now, or you may only hear these songs on your I-Pod’s shuffle feature.

What’s your top 10?

Parkas "Start Your Own Country" Loose 4: Start Your Own Country
The Clash "London's Burning" Clash on Broadway
T Bone Burnett "Fatally Beautiful" Twenty Twenty: The Essential T Bone Burnett
Glenn Gould "Partitia III in A minor, BWV 827: III, Courante" Gould Plays Bach Partitas Nos. 3 and 4
Jon Rauhouse "Untitled Pedal Steel Guitar Riff" Down to the Promised Land: 5 Years of Bloodshot Records
John Wesley Harding "Here Comes the Groom" Here Comes the Groom
The Mekons "We're Just Outside London" Pussy King of the Pirates
Dr. Lonnie Smith "He's a Mighty Good Leader" Boogaloo to Beck
James White & the Blacks "Contort Yourself" (original version) Rough Trade Shops: Post Punk Vol 1
Charlie Parker "Wonderful Work" Be Bop Revisited

bonus
Lucinda Williams "Words Fell" World Without Tears

Not a bad week, if I say so myself.

What? Big Al is averaging 12 boards a game, with 4 offensive per game. I don't think you can do that without knowing how to box out, but if he is, it sure would be fun to see what he averages when he does learn that.

Sorry, Mark. Those rebounds are more due to Big Al's size and minutes. I was at the Mavs game and Jefferson was quite regularly out worked under the basket. Once he improves his defense Al Jefferson is going to be a monster!

I dunno. I think Big Al has a little more rebounding skill than you give him credit for, but I'll watch more closely next time I'm at a game.

We might have to settle this one-on-one on the asphalt! (well after the snow melts).

That would be pretty ugly since my defense resembles a shorter version of Mad Dog and my shooting might even be worse...

Sounds like we would be evenly matched!

I am so happy to read this. This is the type of manual that needs to be given and not the accidental misinformation that is at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this best doc.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on February 29, 2008 9:07 AM.

New Ballpark Perspective was the previous entry in this blog.

Gram Parsons is the next entry in this blog.