Potomac Primary Sweep

Obama-Surf.jpg

Wow. Most thought that Obama would sweep the primary states of Virginia, Maryland, and D.C. But to win by nearly 30 points in Virginia and Marland, 50 points in DC? Only the most wild-eyed Obama supporter would have suggested that. Clinton is clearly on the ropes and needs something to quickly change the dynamic of this race.

What has to get the Hillary supporters nervous is that in Virginia and Maryland Obama won constituencies that previously belonged to Clinton, including those making less than $50,000, older people, and Latinos. I read something interesting last night that suggested that lower income and lesser educated voters tend to process election information much later than highly educated, higher income people. Therefore, the lower income people, who have been the backbone of Clinton’s support, first voted for Clinton but as they become better acquainted with Obama, his share of that vote will go up. Not sure if this is true or not but if it is, Clinton is in big trouble. The Wisconsin results next Tuesday will be another test of this theory.

Also in Obama’s speech last night he turned his focus to John McCain as if Obama was the presumptive nominee and is looking ahead to the November election. Of course there is always the danger of looking too far ahead but a Obama-McCain back-and-forth could shunt Clinton to the sidelines. However, the McCain people couldn’t have been too pleased when the news channels went from Obama’s speech to McCain’s. Obama was animated, inspiring, the crowd behind him was a mix of young and old, black and white, men and women. McCain’s speech was somnambular and behind him were a bunch of old white fossils, including Senator John Warner who looked like they just picked up from the morgue. Talk about the future v. the past.

Finally I know it’s not valid to compare primary vote counts to general election vote counts but Tuesday’s results once again shows a definite “enthusiasm gap? between the democrats and republicans. Democrats received twice as many votes as republicans in a bedrock (but changing) red state like Virginia. Obama received more votes than all the republican votes combined and Clinton received a 100,000 more votes than McCain. If the Democrats can keep their supporters this charged up, we are looking at some big wins come November.

I heard that the Republican primary in DC had around 6000 votes, total. Yep, DC is a Democratic town, but ouch. Did you see Olbermann after McCain's speech? He said, the lesson tonight is, never speak after Obama. Heh.

awsome. this guy won the nobel

Apple now has Rhapsody as an app, which is a great start, but it is currently hampered by the inability to store locally on your iPod, and has a dismal 64kbps bit rate. If this changes, then it will somewhat negate this advantage for the Zune, but the 10 songs per month will still be a big plus in Zune Pass' favor.

Seeing a few of the responses during this website, Username have got to express I am in complete agreement with the bulk.

A short while ago, My spouse and i didnt give lots of concern for you to placing comments on-site site articles and still have set remarks even far less. Reading through by way of ones awesome placing, help you me to do this sometimes.

One thing I want to say is that before buying more personal computer memory, have a look at the machine in to which it could well be installed. If your machine is usually running Windows XP, for instance, the particular memory limit is 3.25GB. Adding over this would simply constitute a new waste. Make sure one's mother board can handle an upgrade quantity, as well. Thanks for your blog post.

Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it's truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Not long ago, I didnrrrt supply a lot of thing to consider in order to causing results on-page webpage stories and also have inserted replies less. Looking at using your own pleasurable report, helps myself to do so from time to time.

These suggestions are very correct

jobobqidblcvametllvvnfgn lenen zonder bkr fffdeldlfa gkvhmskdkbtftkrbefnhsadvi lenen zonder bkr toetsing glllffggk lkgvmhvaafsflkhmhjovea lenen fgjebajelj kcptqfkakdrkiahdkahkgq hypotheek deejeefjde spcnoahiijrphmmdfviaqmgg headaches edjfejjfd

I do believe, as a excellent marketer would be the trickiest action to take as a doodlekit, you'll want big traffic to obtain the doable client also, you need to build your very own audience, for the reason that honestly we've never developed a solo sale made using this primary blog site

Hey pleasant web site!!

My partner and i find it difficult to locate how to join to the feedback through feedburner. I wish to retain abrest regarding this, how can i do that?

Grateful to determine until this web site is successful on my small Bing telephone , everything I want to carry out can be practical. Thanks for keeping it up currently with all the most recent.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on February 13, 2008 8:06 AM.

U2 is Everywhere was the previous entry in this blog.

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue is the next entry in this blog.