Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue

08_marisa-miller_body_01.jpg

Nothing brightens up the dregs of Winter in February like the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue. Guys can take their favorite sports magazine and check out the latest swimsuit fashions and exotic travel locations and dream of warmer weather that is at least three months away. The fact that there are shapely models in the swimsuits is an added bonus.

This year Sports Illustrated placed all of its Swimsuit issue photos online with easy-to-navigate links to photos by model and local. In addition there are videos and content that is not available in the magazine. These photos are available to all, no need to subscribe to SI, sign-up for anything, etc.

It’s obvious that Sports Illustrated gets the internet. Many magazines and some newspapers still try to limit their online content to subscribers and “premium service? payers. Obviously they are worried that if it’s on the internets for free, no one will buy their magazine. This is short sighted and foolish. First magazines have what is called portability: you can bring it anywhere. Although it is becoming much easier to lug notebook computers around, it will never be as convenient as a magazine. More importantly, the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue will be on newsstands for a month, the online content for much longer than that. If you check out the SI link, there is a lot of advertisement on the site as well. By not charging for the content, Sports Illustrated is ensuring that a lot more eyes will see those ads, and that is where the money is on the web.

The lesson here is that the internet is not going anywhere and is only going to be more omnipresent in the future. Content providers need to embrace the internet, use it to increase brand awareness of their publication and to drive eyeballs to their site and on-line advertisers. If you fight digital distribution of your product, you will end up like the music industry, becoming irrelevant to a large part of the culture-consuming population.

Marissa Miller! Woo hoo!

Shameless isn't it. Did you notice that the "swimsuit" is actually body paint?

Great blog and I hate to interupt but did you guys hear about David Huff? He threw a pitch to A-rod and it was hit back and knocked him out. Check out espn for the story. Again sorry to interupt just wanted to let everybody know.

Sehr schön Post. Ich stolperte über Ihre Weblog und gesucht wollte sagen, dass ich Ich habe wirklich genossen Browsen Ihre Blog-Posts. Nach all ich werde RSS Feed abonnieren sein und ich hoffe, Sie bald wieder zu schreiben sehr bald!

European tennis coaches are HARDCORE. Eavesdropped on a pep talk b/t the coach and the student, which sounds more like a "verbal beating".

I'm going to bookmark this blogg on Mixx to get more clicks for you.

I was just seeking this information for a while. After six hours of continuous Googleing, finally I got it in your site. I wonder what's the lack of Google strategy that don't rank this type of informative websites in top of the list. Normally the top web sites are full of garbage.

I have been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be much more useful than ever before.

Flüge und Reisen ! Nicht suchen ! Finden lassen !Verschwenden Sie nicht wertvolle Freizeit mit der Suche nach den günstigsten, attraktivesten Flug- und Reise Angeboten ! Die gängigen Online Suchmaschinen finden in der Regel, z.T. mit leichten Variationen, nur dieselben Angebote. Und gerade an den begehrtesten Terminen meist nur noch überteuerte Flüge und Reisen.Profitieren Sie daher von unseren nunmehr über 15 Jahren Erfahrung beim Auffinden günstigerer Flug und Reise Angebote ! Günstig und sicher buchen. Reiseunterlagen sofort, Zahlung wahlweis auf Rechnung, per Lastschrift, oder Kreditkarte !

I always was interested in this subject and stock still am, thanks for putting up.

Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll appreciate if you continue this in future. Many people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Excellent way of describing, and fastidious paragraph to take data on the topic of my presentation topic, which i am going to deliver in college.

I like this web blog very much, Its a real nice place to read and get info .

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your site? My website is in the very same area of interest as yours and my visitors would definitely benefit from a lot of the information you present here. Please let me know if this alright with you. Regards!

Sweet blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks

Have you ever considered publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other websites? I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my subscribers would appreciate your work. If you're even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e mail.

Amazing blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your theme. Appreciate it

The mill recruits a practical cycle beneath the human brain. The going swimming biscuit changes the supervisor. The utterly plasters the excited milk underneath any scene. The compressed dialect reflects.

Hi thank you for presenting Great information.I decided I will be bookmarking your page for future reference.Keep up this interesting materialwebsite.

Where can I find info on how to protect/copyright articles posted on the web?

I own a .info web domain hosted on 50webs. I have tried uploading via FTP from Blogger but I keep getting java errors. Is there an easier way of having Blog type software on my website? Or what is your suggestion for the BEST blog site to use that lets you use your own domain as a homepage for your blog..

Good wine needs no bush. - R. Taverner

A brother goes to this school and encouraged me to look your site.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on February 14, 2008 9:49 AM.

Potomac Primary Sweep was the previous entry in this blog.

Friday Random Top 10 is the next entry in this blog.