The Great Abyss

cold.jpg

We are mired in the great abyss right now. It’s great that Spring Training is starting but that’s more like a tease, a marker that we have to hit before it can actually be Spring. In the meantime we wait for the NHL and NBA playoffs (and then wait forever until they end); March Madness is a couple of weeks away; nothing happening in football. In Minnesota it’s even worse as the T-Wolves, Gopher hoops, and Gopher Hockey should all end in a whimper, not a bang. The Wild will be going to the playoffs but no one thinks they are in the league of Detroit, Dallas, or Anaheim. Is English Premier League soccer is going on?

These last two weeks of February can really be a chore. Too cold to do anything outside. Not much happening inside as this is also the dead zone for movies and albums. Also most musical acts stay clear of Minnesota during this time too so good luck finding a concert to hit up. Heck, after Tuesday there isn’t a presidential primary until March 4th, so we’ll be going over the same stale political issues for the next two weeks as well.

What are you doing to stay sane? I’m torn between converting old home videos to DVD and taking a lot of naps. Got any ideas?

I did my tax returns today and I've got a stack of DVDs to catch up on as well as novels.

I've got some budget stuff to do for one of the nonprofits I volunteer for, plus I'm hoping I can kill some time by planning some spring projects I want to get done and that by planning, they don't drag too much into what little summer we have in MN. :-)

Free - To beat the winter blahs, Old Man Thompson (me) played some full-rink hockey with my sons and their friends this weekend. So it was me and a bunch of 12 year olds. I think I kept up with them for about 20 minutes.

I am very, very sore but it was a lot of fun. I remember when I used to be able to do that for hours. Sort of.

Not sure why my comment came up as anonymous, but the first one is mine.

Incredible story i would like to join u that day, coz i like being near nice orchards :) apples mm , almost like Heaven or more good, paradise ;)

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on February 18, 2008 2:22 PM.

Friday Random Top 10 was the previous entry in this blog.

Sweet (Ballpark) Suites is the next entry in this blog.