Depressing

depressing.jpg

Let’s review:

The Weather has been horrible. Cold, wet, cold, cloudy, miserable, cold. Except for a few days April has been an extension of March and March was an extension of February. When or when are going to have a proper Spring?

Road Construction. With bridges closing daily, Interstate 35 under construction, Lyndale Avenue soon to be torn up, residents of SW Minneapolis will soon need helicopters to get around. With gas at around $3.50 why are we driving anyway?

Twins. Even worse than expected. Losing 10-0 to the Rangers!?! Pitching is becoming more and more disappointing, Liriano is no way ready. Except for a Morneau, hitting has been lousy, defense too. I was hoping for 78 wins, I’m thinking that 70 wins might be more likely.

Movies and Music. When was the last time a decent movie came out or a good album? I don’t think I’ve seen a movie since February. I don’t think I have heard anything released in 2008 that is worth keeping, haven’t seen a show all year either.

Politics. Obama can’t seem to seal the deal and Clinton is more than willing to tear down Obama to get elected this year or in 2012. Voter fatigue has officially set in.

Anything good happening out there? I need to know.

I actually saw Horton Hears a Who in the theaters a couple weekends ago. Since I knew the storyline, I didn't worry too much about not being able to hear the dialogue.

Yes, it's for kids, but it'll give you a few chuckles. Go see it in the afternoon and pay the matinee price.

Is it too early to get fired up for the Vikings yet?

Is it too early to get fired up for the Vikes? Considering they will figure out new ways to break your heart (I'm predicting the initials T.J.), it's not too early, especially if you want to extend this depressing time into the Fall!

I liked Vampire Weekend. Yeah, I'll admit it. It is worth keeping in my book.

Free, is your son going to Many Point this year? If you go maybe I'll see you there!

Here's a show coming up at First Ave that I guarantee will be fun. May 9th for F1RST Wrestling. These kids are great performers and it's not your wacky Vince McMahon stuff. I've been to three shows so far and it's easily worth the $8 for admission.

Or I guess you could cheer for the Atlanta Hawks, but I'm not sure how much longer they're going to be able to keep it up.

I know Vampire Weekend has got the buzz, but I heard a song on the current that didn't exactly grab me by the shorts. Maybe I should give them a shot, I know all the cool kids like them.

Sorry, Snyder I am old school in my sports teams sympathies, I am rooting for a Celtics-Lakers final all the way!!!

Charlie is going to Many Point July 20-26 but I am not going. He's also going to Isle Royale in June. I've got to hold down the fort, can't let the ladies the run of the place, they might paint the bathroom pink!

It's not quite over yet, but I'm pretty cheered up watching the Twins vs the White Sox, especially after seeing Delmon Young catch Nick Swisher after his baserunning goof. Man, does he have a throwing arm!

Figures that as soon as I wrote that Cuddy gets picked off first but Nathan gets it done and Twins win! Hooray!

Our political world is surrounded by art and images we put together with different meanings, (eg: a good leader). Leaders have used artwork to persuade us in many ways for many many years.. . How does art created for a dictator differ from art created for a freely elected leader? In what was is it the same?.

I enjoy you because of all your valuable efforts on this site. My mom enjoys participating in research and it is easy to understand why. My partner and i notice all relating to the lively way you render very useful techniques by means of your website and welcome participation from others on the idea then our girl is truly studying a lot. Take pleasure in the rest of the year. You're the one performing a great job.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on April 28, 2008 11:22 AM.

Friday Random Top 10 was the previous entry in this blog.

Prince or Miley? is the next entry in this blog.