Construction Week - TCF Stadium

This week at LFAD it's Construction Week! That means we will be taking a look at the three major construction projects that are a short lunchtime walk from work. Today TCF Stadium future home of the Minnesota Golden Gophers. Slated to open in time for the 2009 Football season, TCF Stadium is a $275 million project that will hold 50,000 fans with 55 luxury suites. See video to the right. The stadium can be expanded to 80,000.

As always, click on a picture to see a larger version.

Nice shot of the entire stadium from up high.100_1531.jpg

One of the openings to the stadium emulating the gates of old Memorial stadium.
100_1541.jpg

Lining the stadium will be the name of each Minnesota County in granite. All 87 of the them. The next couple of shots shows some of those name plates.
100_1543.jpg

100_1545.jpg

I think the brick work is quite handsome. This brick is called Harvard Mixed Red. It looks like the stadium will be a gem and anchor to the University's growing East Gateway.
100_1548.jpg

Tomorrow, the 35W bridge over the Mississippi River!

I wonder what Thursday will highlight ... hmmmm ...

Shane - my guess is the new Rainbow grocery store being built off of Larpentuer in St. Paul....

Nice one Jeff.

I suppose it's too early yet to feature Science Classroom Building?

I thought we were supposed to get the bridge update today?

Sorry Snyder, I forgot to upload the photos from my camera. The post is up now!

Just saw a feature of those name plates for each county on KARE 11. Those look awesome! Man, I cannot wait for 2009!

This is getting a bit more subjective, but I much prefer the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, has more flair, and some cool features like 'Mixview' that let you quickly see related albums, songs, or other users related to what you're listening to. Clicking on one of those will center on that item, and another set of "neighbors" will come into view, allowing you to navigate around exploring by similar artists, songs, or users. Speaking of users, the Zune "Social" is also great fun, letting you find others with shared tastes and becoming friends with them. You then can listen to a playlist created based on an amalgamation of what all your friends are listening to, which is also enjoyable. Those concerned with privacy will be relieved to know you can prevent the public from seeing your personal listening habits if you so choose.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on May 26, 2008 8:31 PM.

Friday Random Top 10 was the previous entry in this blog.

Construction Week - I-35 Bridge is the next entry in this blog.