It's Over!

Obama-Surf.jpg

After last night’s decisive win in North Carolina and oh so close loss in Indiana, Barack Obama has basically, finally, sewn up the nomination. There really is no way Senator Clinton can win. You heard it in her speech last night, you saw it in Bill and Chelsea’s face. Now word has come out that Clinton has canceled all her public appearances today and that the Clinton’s loaned their campaign another $6.4 million for the North Carolina and Indiana campaigns. Very doubtful more money is going to come in.

As this sinks in I am sure in the next few days we will see more superdelegates pledge support to Obama. I am not sure if we will see a concession this week, but it is coming, What would be really cool is if Clinton was to endorse Obama Barack and then for them both to go on a unity tour of sorts through the remaining primary states, including Michigan and Florida. Their campaigning together would be important for a couple of reasons. It would prove to skeptics that both candidates are devoted to unifying the party against John McCain and it would help soothe over the anti-Barack sentiment among the Clinton supporters. Finally it would allow the last few states the opportunity to see the candidates in person and to build on the excitement this primary has inspired. Maybe Obama could sweeten the deal by using his mega-bucks to retire Clinton’s campaign debt.

That may be wishful thinking especially considering that we are talking about Democrats here but the bottom line is the campaign is over, Obama won, and now it is time to focus on Senator John McCain.

In honor of Obama’s win, here’s a video showing that Barack’s got game. Enjoy!

Of course, Hillary refuses to accept the obvious. At what point does the Democratic leadership step in and tell her she's done?

I know, I know, she just keeps coming like a zombie in Dawn of the Dead. She's a steely lady, would you want to tell her? (with Bill most likely in the room too!)

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this blog. I am hoping the same high-grade web site post from you in the upcoming as well. Actually your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a good example of it.

This is absolutely a weblog that people have to get behind. The problem is, nobody desires to do a great deal of reading and not have something else to stimulate the mind. This is the world wide web, following all. Possibly if you added a video or two to emphasise your point. Ill stick around, FOR Positive. But, I dont know if others will.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on May 7, 2008 8:43 AM.

Book Review: Perfect From Now On was the previous entry in this blog.

Friday Random Top 10 is the next entry in this blog.