Monday Music List - Baseball Intro Songs

You’re either a batter or pitcher at the Major League level and you’ve just been called to bat/pitch. What’s the next important thing to happen? Go over the scouting report in your mind? Check the dugout for the sign? Touch yourself? While all three are important, first you gotta make sure that your intro song is really cool.

If you’ve been to the ballpark you know that practically every player has an intro song. Some are chosen by the player, some by the stadium P.A. There’s certain criteria of course. They have to be “high energy? and they have to be well known, perhaps somewhat related to your skills. An Elliot Smith or Nick Drake song just wouldn’t do. The song for Mariano Riveria - Enter Sandman - is probably the perfect intro song. Also classic songs are Cannonball by the Breeders, Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones, Helter Skelter by the Beatles, Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC and Welcome to the Jungle by GnR. Also they have to start off fast and recognizable as only a few seconds of the song is even played.

With that here are some of the songs that I would like as my intro song:

Rock and Roll – Led Zeppelin. It’s cliché I know, but it’s a classic, everyone would be shaking.
Territorial Pissing – Nirvana. One of the greatest opening ever.
Pump It Up – Elvis Costello. Classic.
Sabatoge – Beasty Boys. Great opening.
Suffarage City – Bowie

All those are pretty standard and recognizable. If I wanted to go a little more obscure, I’d make sure these were also included:

Memphis, Egypt – Mekons
Hey Day – Replacements
Tool Master of Brainerd – Trip Shakespeare
The Wait – Pretenders
Seven Nation Army – White Stripes
Rise Above – Black Flag

What would be your MLB intro song?

I'd want to be a closer, so I could pick "Bodies" by Drowning Pool. :-)

This might be weird, but if I'm a hitter, I'm thinking "We Want the Funk" since it would have me all relaxed when I got up to the plate.

I actually thought about this the last time I was at a Twins game. Personally, mine would have to be a Replacements song. I really like the intro to "I Will Dare." An appropriate one would be "You Lose" from Hootenany. I have to think about this....

Jeff, When Juan Rincon comes up they should play I'm In Trouble by the Mats. Plus Bob's guitar solo opening is so cool.

I did this one time before over at Around the Keg but don't remember what I said.

I like that Mekons call. "Roadrunner" by The Modern Lovers would be cool. "Dance Song '97" by Sleater Kinney would be rousing--great intro. And speaking of that, I had "Regret" by New Order as my ringtone for awhile and that's a pretty cool call-to-arms.

Or:
"Sugarcube" Yo La Tengo
"Precision Auto" Superchunk

I almost included Roadrunner. That Sleater Kinney song does have a great intro.

I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thanks again

I enjoyed your blog. It's easy to read, the content is good, and your an educated writer unlike most of the blogs I come across when searching on this topic. I will check back in the future and see if you have anymore articles. Thanks for posting this, I appreciate the infomration and the effort you put into your site.

Regards for sharing Monday Music List - Baseball Intro Songs - Lost Forest After Dark with us keep update bro love your article about Monday Music List - Baseball Intro Songs - Lost Forest After Dark .

Delete the spammers lol. You got a lot of spam and random comments than your article. Ha ha ha.. thats hilarous.

I am very happy to read this. This is the type of manual that needs to be given and not the accidental misinformation that's at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this greatest doc.

I like this info presented and it has given me some sort of inspiration to have success for some reason, so thanks.

Just a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw outstanding layout.

I saw a lot of website but I believe this one contains something extra in it in it

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on June 9, 2008 1:27 PM.

Friday Random Top 10 was the previous entry in this blog.

Summer Moview Review is the next entry in this blog.