College Football 2008

brewster.jpg

The Minnesota Golden Gophers come into the 2008 college football season after one of it’s worst seasons ever. A record of 1-11, including loses to teams that were considered cream puffs, a defense that ranked last in the nation, and basically a team that was blown out week after week. The team did improve as the season went on but no one can find a whole lot of positives out of the reeking mass of crap that was last season’s football team.

I was one who thought that former coach Glen Mason left the shelves pretty bare for newcomer Tim Brewster, but not 1-11 and bare. At least Mason knew what shortcoming he had on defense and that is why he ran a time-consuming, run-heavy offense. Brewster didn't seem to realize what he did and did not have. Everyone knew going into last season that Brewster could recruit but could he coach? Well after one year we still know he can recruit but we don’t know if he can coach. I hear other things about Brewster that worry me, but let’s see how the season plays out.

Things should be better this year for the Gophers. A decent recruiting class and a year of experience for both Brewster, and QB Weber should help. This team isn’t competing for the Rose Bowl or the Music City Bowl but is should win more games. I think a successful season would be around 5 wins with a sweep of the non-conference season and two Big 10 wins. Not getting blown out when the team loses would help immensely as well.

This team and Coach Brewster is at a crossroads. Brewster has to demonstrate that he has the composure and smarts to coach a big-league team. These high-faluting recruits need to demonstrate their ability on the field and keep their nose clean off. This is the last year in the dome and everyone will be excited for next year anyway. It would be nice to have a team that creates some excitement as well.

How do you think the Gophers will do this fall?

After *finally* getting my Gopher football tickets yesterday, I got to at least start thinking about the home schedule.

Seems like 5 wins is a reasonable expectation, but I am a bit concerned about that Gray kid being held up now due to his test scores and whether anyone else is going to get sidelined because of that.

Given that these kids took their tests months ago, why the hell can't the NCAA flag this stuff earlier if they're going to?

Wow! This can be one particular of the most helpful blogs We have ever arrive across on this subject. Basically Magnificent. I'm also a specialist in this topic so I can understand your hard work.

this blog is great.thanks you for this.

Moncler Publish 936 The particular Abilities Related to Moncler Content articles.,moncler jackets

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on August 28, 2008 10:32 AM.

Hilary's Night was the previous entry in this blog.

Friday Random Top 10 is the next entry in this blog.