Random Thoughts

Things I have been thinking about lately…

It’s convention time! It’s only one night but I love the images from the Democratic National Convention. Blacks, whites, Asians, Hispanics are side-by-side throughout the crowd (I even saw a Sikh!). To think that within my lifetime the Dems wouldn’t even sit a black contingent from Mississippi at their convention. These images will be in sharp contrast to the upcoming Republican Convention which promises to be Űber-white. Don’t worry, the cameras will find the token Republican black attendee.

Twins pick up Eddie Guardardo. The Twins needed to do something about their bullpen and this is probably they best they could do so late in August. Eddie was a fan favorite and if he does well on this road trip, look for an enthusiastic reception when the Twins return. Now if they could only beat Seattle on the road!!!!!

High Gas Prices and SUV’s. If this weekend is any indication, where I was consistently passed on the interstate by 1/3-the-MPG-of-my-hybrid-SUV’s going 80 MPH, gas prices haven’t really changed people’s behavior that much. If they only realized that their gas guzzlers help subsidize Saudi extremists and Russian foreign aggression.

Washington Avenue Pedestrian Deck Closed. Only 10 days before classes begin and the County closes most of the link between the west and east bank of the University Of Minnesota, a link that accommodates over 5000 people and bikes a day! Again our lack of investment in infrastructure means officials have to take drastic measures to keep us safe. Maybe now when politicians say they are going to cut government spending we will have the balls to ask how they plan to keep the bridges up.

Joe Biden as Veep Pick. I predicted it last week. Decent pick that should be entertaining to say the least. Can’t wait to hear Joe on the campaign trail. I predict a verbal gaffe every two weeks.

Ed-die, Ed-die, Ed-die!

Hands down, Apple's app store wins by a mile. It's a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but I'm not sure I'd want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on August 26, 2008 9:20 AM.

Friday Random Top 10 was the previous entry in this blog.

Hilary's Night is the next entry in this blog.