Tropic Thunder

tropic-thunder.jpg

I have to admit when I first saw the trailers for the movie Tropic Thunder I was uninterested. The movie looked kinda dumb and the premise -- a movie crew is stuck in the jungle and don’t realize that they are in real trouble and not filming a move – seemed a little far fetched. Then I saw a new trailer in front of The Dark Knight and the movie looked a lot more interesting. Finally the reviews came out very positively so I had to see it.

Well no disappointments here. Tropic Thunder is hilarious. The movie is really a big spoof on Hollywood and self-important actors, cheesy action movies, and cliché that pass for dialogue in today’s “event? movies. The opening, a war scene that practically rivals Saving Private Ryan, would be horrifying if it wasn’t so over the top, including fountains of blood that can only be described as Pythonesque. Tom Cruise is amazing as an out of shape, balding studio producer, and there are numerous cameos from Alicia Silverstone to Jon Voight.

The jokes come fast and furious and the movie can tend to be a bit silly at times but the movie is fast paced and doesn’t get bogged down. If you ever wanted Ben Stiller to extend one of his MTV Movie Awards skits to a full length feature – and pull it off – this movie is a must see. This is definitely a "guy movie" as there are practically no women, save for a few cameos, in the entire film. It also has humour more geared toward a guy's sensibility. Fun to go to with your teenage son (like I did) or with a bunch of buds to get away from the gymnastics competitions on TV.

He decides to go to school even though Henri is against his decision to do so because he might draw attention to himself and the Mogadorians come and kill him.

It's a great read for me, Has to admit that you are one of the better writers I ever saw.

This is getting a bit more subjective, but I much prefer the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, has more flair, and some cool features like 'Mixview' that let you quickly see related albums, songs, or other users related to what you're listening to. Clicking on one of those will center on that item, and another set of "neighbors" will come into view, allowing you to navigate around exploring by similar artists, songs, or users. Speaking of users, the Zune "Social" is also great fun, letting you find others with shared tastes and becoming friends with them. You then can listen to a playlist created based on an amalgamation of what all your friends are listening to, which is also enjoyable. Those concerned with privacy will be relieved to know you can prevent the public from seeing your personal listening habits if you so choose.

Hands down, Apple's app store wins by a mile. It's a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but I'm not sure I'd want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case.

hello,i'm glad to share this post,nice discuss,i'll keep visiting asap,thanks

I must say, its worth it!,i'llcheck back asap,cheers

I can see that you're an expert in this region. I am starting an internet site soon, and your information can be really helpful for me.. Thank you for all of your help and wishing you all the success in your business.

Sounding Out thanks is only my little technique of claiming thats masterpiece for any fantastic resource. Face my take care for the subsequent publish.

Looking seeking this, has not been for a passing fancy page and search considering that it was a couple weeks ago when I first found it. Anyway, thank God for search history!

Thank the author very much for this {good|great|best|wonderful|awesome|mind-blowing|fantastic|beautiful|lovely

This internet site is my intake, really good pattern and Perfect subject matter.

Very Curious site this is.. I really Relish a lot reading your Blog.. I will Bookmark your site for more remark.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on August 18, 2008 10:41 AM.

Friday Random Top 10 was the previous entry in this blog.

Potential Democratic Veep Picks - A Primer is the next entry in this blog.