Thoughts from the Weekend

Twins – Stick a fork in them. I think the Twins season is done. They made a valiant effort but, youth, inconsistency, and a bullpen swimming in gasoline was their undoing. They will have a better season than expected but we also thought the Indians and Tigers would win 90 plus games, neither will win 80. Hopefully this experience will help the team in the next few years and the front office stays away from aging, washed up veterans in the off-season.

Target Field – So we now know what the name of the Twins new ballpark will be. Target Field doesn’t necessarily roll off the tongue. At $100 million over 25 years, $4.0 million a year doesn’t even pay for a lousy veteran infielder these days. In 2030, it will probably pay for the balls they use during a game. This one’s going to take a while to get used to.

Vikings. No Viking fan, casual or die-hard were under any illusions that Indianapolis would come back after the Vikes kicked that 5th field goal for a 15-0 lead. That’s they way the Vikings play. Always have always will. Childress and Bevel’s 3rd down play calling was atrocious, although I think part of was due to lack of confidence in T-Jack. Things could get ugly here real soon with 0-5 not out of the realm of possibility.

Brewers Fired Ned Yost. Yikes! Best Brewers season in 26 years and the manager’s gone with 12 games left? It’s a high risk move that’s for sure. Regardless of what happens over these last 12 games look for the Brewers to implode over the off-season.

Gophers 3-0. O.k. It’s against the cream puffs but we’re suppose to be 3-0 against the cream puffs. This team has a long way to go, I’m glad that at least it’s heading in the right direction. Just think in less than 1 year their new stadium will be open. I already have my place on University Avenue staked out for the parade.

Burn After Reading. Funny movie with a couple of surprises. Everyone’s a bumbler, everyone’s confused, and nothing is what is seems or everything is what it seems but people don’t get it. Fun movie.

The Coen Brothers are going to be hard-pressed to surpass The Big Lebowski which, in my opinion, is one of the greatest movies ever made.

I was driving to work the other day, and drove by the filming of thier next movie, A Serious Man. They were shooting a scene at Key's on Lexington and Larpentuer. Very cool - lots of 1960's cars and costumes.

Between me and my husband we've owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few years I've settled down to one line of players. Why? Because I was happy to discover how well-designed and fun to use the underappreciated (and widely mocked) Zunes are.

Hello, you used to write magnificent, but the last several posts have been kinda boringˇK I miss your great writings. Past few posts are just a bit out of track! come on!

Good information I never thought about it in that manner.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on September 16, 2008 2:37 PM.

Friday Random Top 10 was the previous entry in this blog.

Favorite Coen Brothers Film is the next entry in this blog.