Maybe I spoke too soon

Last week I stated that the Gophers didn't suck. Well after Saturday's 0-55 debacle against Iowa I may have to revise that sentiment.

I'm not going to re-hash the game except to say that it was an embarrassing performance by the Gophers and this game and the Michigan games were god-awful to watch.

So where do the Gophers stand? On September 1st if you would have said the Gophers would be 7-5 and won two Big Ten Road games I would have been ecstatic. But given the way the season ended, it's a big let down. Here are some thoughts:

The Defense clearly improved. From last year's worst team ever to a decent squad this year. Hopefully more players come on board next year.

Offense regressed with no running game. Adam Weber is tough but needs a better line and better running backs. Dunbar's spread offense has not been too impressive. No tears shed if he doesn't return.

Coach Brewster still has a lot to prove. Sure he can recruit but the book is still out whether he can actually coach. Not only did the players not respond over the last four games, but the coach didn't either.

One good note. Saturday's "game" was the last one at the Metrodome. Somehow it is fitting that the Gophers go out 0-55. It's but a dirty coda on a sad chapter of Golden Gopher football history. Good riddance HHH Metrodome may your crappy atmosphere, too loud P.A., knee-shredding turf, and bad mojo never mar a Gopher football game again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen.

I see the offensive line coach resigned "to pursue other professional interests."

This is getting a bit more subjective, but I much prefer the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, has more flair, and some cool features like 'Mixview' that let you quickly see related albums, songs, or other users related to what you're listening to. Clicking on one of those will center on that item, and another set of "neighbors" will come into view, allowing you to navigate around exploring by similar artists, songs, or users. Speaking of users, the Zune "Social" is also great fun, letting you find others with shared tastes and becoming friends with them. You then can listen to a playlist created based on an amalgamation of what all your friends are listening to, which is also enjoyable. Those concerned with privacy will be relieved to know you can prevent the public from seeing your personal listening habits if you so choose.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on November 24, 2008 12:45 PM.

Friday Random Top 10 was the previous entry in this blog.

More New Music is the next entry in this blog.