Goodbye 2008!

As 2008 wraps up I am already looking forward to 2009. Here are some of what I am looking forward to in 2009:

My mission trip to Haiti
Battlestar Gallactica final Episodes
Obama as President
The Opening of TCF Bank Stadium
The Watchmen Movie
The Minneapolis Mayoral race
My 401K going in the right direction

However we can’t forget about 2008. An historic election, another NYC trip for the family, new car, LFAD becoming a place for lost fans of the Urban Guerrillas to check in, lots of bike riding… Below are my favorite LFAD posts of 2008

Drunken Bodeans Concert
U2 in 3D
The Apple Orchard
The Mekons and Griel Marcus!
Vatican Believes in ET
Why I support Obama
The Feelies in Concert
Goodbye Jessie Helms
Welcome RNCers!
Twins lose to Black Sox
Dylan and Obama
Elvis Comeback Special

Also my favorite and least favorite concerts were fun to write about.

Finally I can’t leave 2008 without two other referencing two other pieces of writing that I thought were really excellent. First is a Ryan Adams review that I thought was just sublime. Click Here.

Finally something from Bill Simmons ESPN mailbag. If you don’t know about Bill Simmons Mailbag you should check it out, it is usually absolutely hilarious. Below is a letter that made me spew coffee all over my computer screen:

I was with a lady friend and we decided to pop in a movie. She had never seen "Hoosiers," so naturally we put that in. But 10 minutes into the movie, it was obvious that she wasn't into the movie, and instead was getting a little frisky. So with the movie in the background, we entertained ourselves. The best part was there was a slight pause in the action and I turned to see the movie, and it was right when Ollie hits the free throws, and I thought, "This is awesome!"

With that, have a Happy New Year!

Sorry for the huge review, but I'm really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it's the right choice for you.

The Zune concentrates on being a Portable Media Player. Not a web browser. Not a game machine. Maybe in the future it'll do even better in those areas, but for now it's a fantastic way to organize and listen to your music and videos, and is without peer in that regard. The iPod's strengths are its web browsing and apps. If those sound more compelling, perhaps it is your best choice.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on December 31, 2008 10:13 AM.

Movies in Review 2008 was the previous entry in this blog.

Friday Random Top 10 is the next entry in this blog.