Watchmen are Coming!!!!

watchmen_smiley.gif

I could easily take these next few days to do a Watchmen count down, expound on The. Greatest. Comic. Book. Ever., discuss my fears for the movie, what I will be looking for, blah, blah, blah. But I won’t. I’ll keep my inner geek at bay. I am going to see the movie this weekend but probably not until Sunday. However I am going to see at the I-max to get the full visual and aural experience. One thing I will say is that the University of Minnesota’s own James Kakalios was a consultant to the movie, making sure that they got the physics right. Or as right as a blockbuster movie can be. There was an interesting article in the Minnesota Daily a month or so ago about his role, I heartedly recommend it.

So who else is geeked out for Watchmen?

I'm excited to see it, but not to the level of some.

I just read the book last year, so I don't qualify as a long-time fan. Also, I didn't particularly like '300' (granted I hadn't read the source material for that one).

Anyway, we are probably going Saturday with my brother who hasn't read the book, so it will be interesting to see whether that makes a difference.

I wasn't a big fan of 300 either, but so far the reviews for Watchmen, while mixed, are all in agreement it's a pretty stunning watch.

Let me know what you think on Monday.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on March 4, 2009 1:56 PM.

Obama Kicking Ass and Taking Names was the previous entry in this blog.

Jon Stewart Destroys CNBC is the next entry in this blog.