My Favorite Things -- Crazy Republicans

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
The 10.31 Project
colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorNASA Name Contest

There nothing like two consecutive election loses and a black president with a Muslim sounding funny name to bring out the crazies in the Republican Party. From Minnesota's own Michelle Bachman espousing armed rebellion to Fox News' Glenn Beck channeling Howard Beale to GOP leader Michael Steele trying to bring "hip-hop" sensibility to an über-white political party with its base of support in the rural south, it appears that the Republican's are having a nervous breakdown right in our living rooms, all in glorious HD television.

In the last month, Republicans have offered alternative federal budgets with no actual numbers, elevated Rush Limbaugh to national spokesman, and come out against volcano monitoring funding literally days before a volcano began ominous rumblings in Alaska. Republicans were against the stimulus, except for those project that benefited their own districts and states and against helping out the car makers in Detroit because the foreign manufacturers in their states wouldn't benefit.

The nadir was probably this weekend when on the Sunday talk shows Republicans like Newt Gringrich were practically rooting on the Somalian pirates, blaming President Obama for the ultimate death of the kidnapped captain. Of course it was only a few hours later when Special Forces snipers, on orders from the President, ended the kidnapping and killed three pirates.

Now of course it's a lot of fun watching Republicans and conservatives fall on their face, rely on the same old tired ideas that have been discredited and rejected, and be spoofed tirelessly on television (see video above). Unfortunately there is a dark side to their wackiness. By all accounts the gunman in Pittsburgh who killed three cops was driven to his murderous behavior by the rantings on the right, worried that his guns were going to be taken away. Three families no longer have a father and husband because someone was led astray by lunatics on the right. Who's next, when will someone actually take Michelle Bachman seriously and try armed resistance? So we can laugh at the crazies but let's keep on our toes. Point out the hypocrisy, the nuttiness. The republicans are digging their own graves, let's make sure we keep handing them shovels.

Glen Beck has always been nuts, but he has really gone off the deep end.

How does a guy like that get his own show?

This is excellent. It's kind of fun to see the Republicans imploding on their crazy selves. The tea parties, the stuff you see them saying and doing on FauxNews...well, you can't make this shit up! LOL!

Damn those Republicans being against the stimulus. It's a good thing they didn't get their way, or we wouldn't have saved all those jobs and we would have high unemployment right now. Go Bary and co.

Joined my local Tea Party....getting active politically while I still have a voice! I have found a political web site that allows everyone to fax Justaces for free. If you are involved in that kind of thing…check it out at http://AmericanVoice.Com.! Also awesome content I will come back!

Sorry for the out of place comment admin, I was unable to find an email address to email you at and assumed you would read this befor accepting the comment anyway. I just wanted to share this really cool traffic trick for your blog because I think you will benifit greatly from it. I was able to go from $3.23/day to $83.44/day (I know the site says $300+ but oh well lol maybe im not doing it right, cant complain). I think you will get the same results easy, check it out: http://bit.ly/bONO8I

I remember in 2008 when Hillary was not in the ticket the Republicans thought that they could get all the women voters by picking someone who is almost identical to her SNL twin. I remember when my wife saw on the news that the Republicans picked Sarah Pailin as their V.P. candidate. She simply said, "I'm so offended"

Whats this 3 years nonsense. Too much Kool-Aid here! Your depiction of the Canadian system is quite distorted. All the Canadians I know (and I know a lot of them) would not agfree with this hysterical depiction

Hello! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a blog post or vice-versa? My site covers a lot of the same subjects as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. If you're interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Great blog by the way!

Good site and I really like the points and Views you have expressed here. Keep up the good work.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on April 13, 2009 9:12 AM.

Friday Random Top 10 was the previous entry in this blog.

Iowa Approves Gay Marriage is the next entry in this blog.