Outdoor Baseball

Sorry, light blogging lately. Look for a spring revamp of LFAD soon! Over the last 7 days I have been to 4 outdoor baseball games (1 college, 3 Jr. High). I have sat in 70 degree weather in shorts, eating a frozen lemonade to shivering in gloves, hats and blankets in 40 degree weather and 30 mph winds. Believe me the former is much more enjoyable.

Whether it's college kids or or 14 year olds, its pretty amazing how similar the game is played. Good pitching is key, execution in the field is a must, and timely hitting plays a big part in if you win or not.

The Gophers have a pretty decent team and games at Siebert Field are a blast. There are upcoming home games this weekend and next and I encourage anyone to go out and see Gophers play. If you can't get to the U, check out your local Babe Ruth or High School games, they really are fun, and when it's warm, a perfectly enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours.

Plus, at the youth level, you're more likely to find players popping PEZ rather than PEDs.

Hey, I think this pennant race is going to be great! Go Yankees!

I love the way he (Nobama)keeps telling everyone that the money is to save jobs. They are all public (govt. employee) jobs that he is saving. None are private sector jobs. The only thing he is trying to save is his voter base and he is doing it on the backs of the private sector.A very large % of the stimulus money that WI recd went to prop up the teachers their retirements and the union.

Excellent article. I want to have to ask questions

I am boastful to get this site.I wanted by way of thanking you with this great read!! I definitely enjoying every bit of it so i you may have bookmarked to consider new items you post.

I am several volunteers and starting the latest scheme in your community.

Bonjour, I found myself merely wanting here and so i actually admire the foundation of the thoughts, and don??t have almost anything to do. Sophia Martin.

you've a very nice blog right here! would you like to make a number of invite posts on my sites?

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on April 22, 2009 8:35 AM.

Friday Random Top 10 was the previous entry in this blog.

Monkey Fighting Snakes is the next entry in this blog.