Random Friday Fiction

Here's my latest narrative using the song titles from Friday's Random Top 10.

Everyone was pretty excited when they heard Bo was coming back to the ranch. But no one was as excited as I was. In his last letter from Appomattox, Bo wrote, The war's over and I'ma coming home. Girl, you'll be a woman soon and I can't wait to see you. Serious Bird Woman, the Pawnee cook Ma kept around the ranch, saw the look in my eyes as I read Bo's letter. Bo has no idea of Sue's length of love she said out loud to no one in particular. He doesn't know what he's gettin' in to does he? Sue here is a regular master of puppets and it looks like she is going to add another one to her collection. I whispered to myself, don't listen to that old Indian woman Bo, I love you so much it hurts. Nothing's going to keep us apart.

A few weeks later as Bo ambled down that old Spirit Road and came into view of the ranch, Pa shouted out "well if it aint the return of the grievous angel." Bo smiled and said good to see you too Hank. Now help me with my stuff. Bo looked gaunt and definitely lost that sparkle in his eye. Ma noticed too. Goodness Bo, you're a sight! Come in we'll get you a some food. Bird Woman, cook up that chicken we've been saving! Bo said, thanks but I gotta see Sue first. I came running out of the barn and he looked at me and said my Lord you're a sight for tired eyes. Just as gorgeous as Shakespeare's Sister. I ran into his arms and he whispered in my ear, I'm gonna make you mine."

For some reason Serious Bird Woman didn't take to Bo. She would give him side long stares that only I would notice and she kept muttering about visions of a blue green arrow. Bo was oblivious and was a huge help around the ranch. It was great to have another helper and Pa and Ma were grateful for his help. When that Pawnee woman left without a trace a couple of months later, right before it got cold, no one seemed to care. Even the sparkle returned to Bo's eyes. I thought it was because we were going to have a baby, but sometimes late at night, I would wonder...

Wow! This could be one particular of the most useful blogs We've ever arrive across on this subject. Actually Fantastic. I am also an expert in this topic therefore I can understand your effort.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on May 26, 2009 9:26 AM.

Friday Random Top 10 was the previous entry in this blog.

Construction Week -- ST+SS is the next entry in this blog.