(Almost) Gorgeous Weekend

Dean & Charlie 003.jpg

We were in Chicago over the weekend to see the Twin-Cubs play in the friendly confines on Sunday. Even though we are less than a year away from seeing outdoor baseball here in Minneapolis we didn't want to pass up an opportunity to see baseball played how it was meant to be played: In a outdoor, urban ballpark dedicated to the game and not squeezing every last dollar out of fat cat sometime fans.

Most have seen the coverage of the weekend with Twins fans coming out in force for the three-game series. Reading some coverage of the series, Cubs fans were saying that it was one of the biggest visiting team invasions they can remember in a long time. Apparently Wrigley was 1/3 Twins fans on Saturday. Sunday probably didn't have as many Twins supporters but there were definitely a lot of us.

Sunday was one of those great days to watch a game: 75 degrees with some clouds, and a bit of a breeze blowing in. We got down to the ballpark early (someone on the EL saw us and said "Piranhas on the Train!") walked around the ballpark and had a hearty omelet and hash browns at a cool little diner on Clark Street. The scene around the ballpark was electric with people hawking tickets and t-shirts, bars open to the streets, and lots of people watching. Some of the unofficial t-shirt sellers were the best and I had to explain to my 13 year old that Fukudome was a Japanese outfielder for the Cubs and not some sort of pejorative against the Metrodome.

We had awesome seats about 15 rows behind the Twins dugout and had a few foul balls hit in our general direction. We had full view of the game and the ivy-strewn wall and after about an hour we were bathed in sun for the rest of the game. Fans were passionate but were not obnoxious to Twins fans like they would be at Comiskey Park.

The game was close and well played and in the top of the 9th all tied up at two, the Twins had 2 guys on with one out and Mauer and Morneau due up. The Twins fans were really rocking the joint but neither came through. The bottom of the 9th was a Crain-wreck for the Twins and the Cubs prevailed. No problems though, Twins took 2 of three from the Cubs, we had a wonderful time and got to take in one of the ultimate baseball experiences: A game at Wrigley on a glorious summer afternoon.

Very cool, Wrigley was great fun with all the Twins fans this weekend.

I saw that image over at Bleed Cubbie Blue and scoured the big version for unusual Twins jerseys, the best I could do was the guy on the bottom left wearing a #11 Jacque Jones jersey with the 'J' in Jones gone missing. Not sure if that's a Twins or Cubs jersey, I thought Twins road greys but I could be wrong.

You threw me with the new look. I like it though.

Nice new look to the blog, Free!

That game at Wrigley certainly must have given you a taste for what Target Field will be iike next year.

My kids were pretty fired up when I announced that Snyder came through with tickets for all of us next year!

I see what you've done here. Me likey.

Big Mak, I swapped out the photo with a personal one. Interesting that in the new pic someone has a Tolbert jersey. I am hoping it is a sister/girlfriend/cousin, otherwise why plunk down the $$$ for a Matt Tolbert jersey?

Is Tolbert more random than Jacque Jones?

I say yes, but the more I think about it, it seems pretty close between those two.

nice new, clean look free. i still feel as though wrigley had lost its charm for me. gut it and replace with mall park, rip out the ivy and replace with mega advertising, and take down the manual scoreboard and replace with jumbo tron/fireworks. now, that's baseball.

Oh Timmy B, you're a sad pitiful man. I feel sorry for you :o)

Thanks again for the hospitality, glad we were able to spend time with you and Carolyn. Glad you got to see Wrigley one last time before the Cubs make your stadium dreams come true.

Baseball ain't just a sport! Baseball is passion! I am right or am i right ?

Yo Ben I think your answer in your post.It's unique!

Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this website. It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's very difficult to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and visual appeal. I must say that you've done a great job with this. In addition, the blog loads very quick for me on Opera. Superb Blog!

payment karne k baad cheeje use nhi kar pata to aisa lagta hai ye angrezo ko inke ghr me ghus k maru chinal k jane sale

I understand your looking new but let me suggest an ‘08 Z06. These cars are usually not driven much therefore usually have super low miles and you can get one for around $40K. This car is a Mustang, 370Z, Porsche, WRX Killer. 0-60under 3.5 seconds and still get upper 20’s in MPG.

Met enorme snelheid uw RDW Wegenbelasting Berekenen Helemaal lijp in de pijp

i would miss skills, esp. his friendship with jamie. but he did break the law, and should be punished. so if they fire him, then so be it.

Currently it appears like Drupal is the best blogging platform out there right now. (from what I've read) Is that what you're using on your blog?

This website is remarkable. I'm heading to set this in the bookmarks just before I misplace the url I don't believe I'll ever locate my way again in this article otherwise.

Super intéressant, j'espère que ça restera comme ça un moment !

thank you!

hi, danke für den klasse Artikel. Finde deine Seite klasse und werde gerne weitere Beiträge lesen. gruß

Der OnkelSEOsErbe SEO Contest startete am 14. Oktober 2011 und läuft noch bis zum 15. Dezember 2011 um 14 Uhr. Zu gewinnen gibt es ein Apple MacBook Air sowie ein iPad 2 in Vollausstattung.Wer mehr Infos sucht sollte mal auf unserer Facebook FanSeite vorbeischauen. Noch lohnt es sich!

Hello.Excellent post, really educational. I surprise why the opposite specialists in this sector do not recognize this. You must proceed your producing.Best regards from Belgium.

Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same results. Also, please take a look at my website http://makita-9015a.onsugar.com/Best-Makita-9015A-Angle-Grinder-Review-18278033

55. I have read some good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much effort you put to create such a fantastic informative website.

Good article. It's very unfortunate that over the last several years, the travel industry has had to deal with terrorism, SARS, tsunamis, flu virus, swine flu, as well as the first ever entire global recession. Through everything the industry has really proven to be powerful, resilient and also dynamic, locating new tips on how to deal with difficulty. There are constantly fresh troubles and the possiblility to which the field must once more adapt and behave.

I am giving a speech on social networking sites and need to mention a top blogging site. If someone could mention one for me, I would really appreciate it!.

(Almost) Gorgeous Weekend - Lost Forest After Dark. (Almost) Gorgeous Weekend - Lost Forest After Dark

With me, the lawyering expertise course is usually the tiniest (at college dimension) of the 1L programs. I ponder if it can make it much more significant for you to students. I have spoken with lots of woman individuals which does poorly inside their expertise school as well as (as the school had been much more close and they thought much more responsible) observed the particular quality like a huge hit in spite of following praise of these lawyering expertise inside internships or perhaps composing instructional classes. I wonder if your ongoing connection between an inadequate grade on the scholar's self-confidence takes on into the link in any way.

Hello.Excellent post, really educational. I surprise why the opposite specialists in this sector do not recognize this. You must proceed your producing.Best regards from Great Britain.

Heya are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create my own. Do you need any coding knowledge to make your own blog? Any help would be really appreciated! Also, please take a look at my site http://www.facebook.com/notes/cellphone-deals-online/review-of-otterbox-apl2-i4sun-h4-e4rt1-defender-realtree-series-hybrid-case-hols/263148747075184

Great site you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article? I'd really like to be a part of group where I can get feed-back from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Extremism is mostly a trouble society. We must always combat to get escape

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on June 16, 2009 11:09 AM.

Friday Random Top 10 was the previous entry in this blog.

Changes to LFAD! is the next entry in this blog.