#4

favre.png

Old time readers of LFAD know I used to have a Brett Favre Interception Watch located on the right side of the page that was sadly lost with the re-design. So as with most Minnesota fans, I've had a love-hate relationship with Brett Favre. I love that he was a great quarterback on the field and hated the fact he played for the Packers and was such an egotistical drama queen. But I now love the fact that Favre is a Viking.

I love how this just burns Packer fans. I love how they have to choke back 16 years of Favre worship and now say he's washed up or that it's no big deal. I love that Packer fans have to admit what everyone else has said for years: Brett Favre is a diva who cares only for himself. I love the media circus and that KSTP followed Favre's car from the airport to Winter Park from a helicopter. I love that hundreds of rubes stormed Winter Park just to get a glimpse of Brett Favre. I love the fact that is a high-risk/high-reward gambit that will either be a glorious success or a spectacular failure and which ever way it goes it will be a blast to watch. So welcome Brett Favre. Let the spectacle begin.

Amen, brother. I'm betting on spectacular failure, but either way, we come out winners. That's the beauty of the whole thing.

Favrelous. Any vehicle with Minnesota plates'll get pulled over once they cross the river into cheeseland. There will be cavity searches.

Great.

Anybody got a #4 Jets jersey for sale? I'd like to sport that bad boy November 1st, that is if tickets are still available...

PS...Free, Bootsy informs me that you and I are Mohawks...class of 82? Is the world that freakin small?

Mark me down for an epic flame-out. It's funny you should use the word rubes to describe Vike fans, free. I uttered the same word last night.

Hey TILT, I am a Mohawk, class of 1981. I didn't know the Mound-Westonka School District could develop someone so literary. I met someone else over the weekend from class of 1993. Weird.

I'm not convinced the Favre experiment will be a failure but if it is a failure it's going to be epic no doubt. The cool thing is will be fun to watch regardless and as SBG said, we all come out winners.

Free - I totally agree with you that this is a high risk/high reward move. Favre gives them chance to get to the Super Bowl. It also has a chance to be the biggest flop since Herschal Walker.

The Vikings had no choice but to take this risk though, based on where they stand with their fan base. Without Favre, fans were pretty apathetic and they risked TV blackouts throughout the year.

Now, everyone is talking about the team. That is exactly what they need.

I have not checked in here for a while since I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are great quality so I guess I will add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend :)

Hey there! I know this is kind of off-topic however I needed to ask. Does managing a well-established website like yours take a large amount of work? I am completely new to operating a blog however I do write in my diary every day. I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my experience and views online. Please let me know if you have any ideas or tips for new aspiring blog owners. Thankyou!

Thanks for providing such a great article, it was excellent and very informative. It’s my first time that I visit here. I found a lot of informative stuff in your article. Keep it up. Thank you.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on August 19, 2009 8:04 AM.

Guns at Town Hall Meeting was the previous entry in this blog.

Friday Random Top 10 is the next entry in this blog.