Elvis Performs Hound Dog on National T.V.

Given that it's Elvis Presley's 75th Birthday on Friday, I thought I would celebrate by sharing this video of Elvis performing Hound Dog on the Milton Berle show in 1956.

In early June 1956 Elvis hadn't recorded Hound Dog yet but had been performing it live in concert after seeing a similar version played at a Vegas show. The Milton Berle performance is notable for the fact that Elvis isn't playing guitar and gets pretty suggestive with his hip shakes and leg movements. If anyone didn't know that Rock and Roll was a euphemism for sex, they did after seeing this on their 12" B&W TVs. It's pretty safe to say that the 40 million Americans who tuned in had never seen anything this suggestive on their sets. This performance was also the genesis of the nickname "Elvis the Pelvis."

The outrage was immediate and intense, with NBC receiving literally tens of thousands of letters protesting Elvis' "vile" gyrations. Three weeks later, Elvis was scheduled to perform on the Steve Allen show and Allen, a known hater of Rock and Roll, made Elvis dress up in a tux and tails and sing Hound Dog to an actual Basset Hound. Elvis, although cheeky on stage, was reportedly furious and embarrassed. Elvis got the last laugh however, as he funneled that anger into the studio, where the next day he recorded the rip-roaring version of Hound Dog we all love today.

Happy Birthday, Free!

My father can remember Elvis on the Ed Sullivan show. He told me that the camera shot him from the waist up just because of the outrageous moves. Wow, how times have changed the acceptable scope of scandal. Now scandal has it's own industry.

Is 2010 really the best year yet or am I just young and naive?

My mom is a crazed fan of Elvis, I say this because she even believes he is still alive and that he faked death. My mom is the most sane person I know but Elvis has got her bonkers.

Elvis is dead sadly he did not fake his death because why in the world would he go to all That trouble and also leave his daughter who he loved and his ex wife who he still loved. Ps- I would have been so embarrast too.I wouldn't have even went on the show

Rattling superb info can be found on weblog .

I was just seeking this information for a while. After 6 hours of continuous Googleing, finally I got it in your site. I wonder what is the lack of Google strategy that do not rank this kind of informative sites in top of the list. Normally the top websites are full of garbage.

Good day! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!

I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don't know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

It's not often one comes right out and admits their racism Thanks for sharing, Emil

Abstract
me that card recently revealed to me a shocking piece of news: someone is chasing your wife. Roman men and that a company with the same department, than my wife is small, just graduated from college a year. His courage is not quite small, but also want to play Jiedi Lian.
[Text] sneak
there are people chasing me, do not you nervous, I opened the cans of cola deliberately smoking a cigarette and said fiercely: In the back, waiting for her to put down my chopsticks a holding her from behind, said: I'm not just have to accept it!
since reading the
Not long ago I said that card to me a shocking piece of news: someone is chasing your wife. Roman men and that a company with the same department, than my wife is small, just graduated from college a year.

his courage quite small, but also want to play Jiedi Lian. But look at Roman will not accept him, after four years of feeling is not child's play. But I have to find a way to completely sever the idea guy.
in fact be considered to help him, just out of college, large tracts of forest waiting for him, why should it hang in a tree.
chance. Goes on to tell me my license will be held next Sunday's anniversary of their department. Opportunity next Sunday ah! I told my undercover so it goes ... ... hey.
to Sunday, early Roman out the door, then I slipped a called the Then I hid in the rooms waiting for the best time.
over time fairly quickly, so a pedestrian Roman dinner they began their cabaret when the card goes ... I told my kid the people and their relations departments are done quite well dr dre beats, arranged for then a cabaret alone with him and Roman. I wait for is the opportunity.
the guy waved off the hall lights all the time, the first time I spotted a location holding a large bundle of flowers went out and stood Roman side, and a few buddies that I would help children I separated from other people ... ...
lights when the Roman was surprised to see me, I kissed her, said: busy, away.
my head against the Roman them (explain, and I charge them with a forum for many years mixed) than a gesture of victory, he pretended to head to the side. Laugh, gold is not the same undercover. Thanks to his intelligence, not his arrangement, I can not set the location of the anniversary this year where I met Roman.

love booty
the door opened a new Breakfast, for a man is concerned, may be regarded as a very happy. Strolled home, radiator actually leaking, and would like to call the property but could not find a phone number found, the property company had to go. Another person does not, frozen snot streaming out, wiped with a handkerchief, told myself before going to sleep but also to clean handkerchief. The greatest feature of Virgo is over the top men and the pursuit of perfection.
he had thought of that woman, that was him out of the foot in both camps of the woman. Before leaving she said to him, fair competition with him. The woman in question head it, so he chose not to exit the war.
he will not talk to the front of his rival fight, even if the winner is him, he did not want. He is such a stubborn person and the pursuit of love over the top. Wang Yinlong always remember that scene, for him, too seems to make sense of. Ying had an appointment with any of the Star Studios in China, and later go out before in the Pro has been changed to the Xidan. One line in turn
subway, he actually found either in the crowd to weigh in the back, but in line subway station platform, he was yet to weigh out any lost, until he met again by chance, is She told a man kissing scene Xidan station platform.

for Wang Yinlong did not expect that, in the eyes seem to have any very close to tears flashing, he was a bit uncomfortable and closed his eyes. He looked at his wife to the subway, he knew, that the export is the way he Wangyin Long, but he did not immediately in the past, but to follow the man out of another exit. A man with a big luggage, it seems the way to travel, Wang Yinlong watching his back, appeared in front of the screen is either very close to other studios in the era before the appearance of Xidan.
she kissing scene with him his eyes always rushed, always reminding yourself that this woman has another man. Phone rang in the hubbub, the Wang Yinlong very calmly tell any Ying: Lei Ya! you in the end what time I have in front of the Studios. , Wang Yinlong said to her: reason no to him. She disappeared in the crowd in, maybe she went to Xidan Civil Aviation Building, also maybe, he did not catch.
later, the man sent by either a letter of challenge to weigh the effect that any fair competition with him to weigh. Ying Ren Wang Yinlong told his rival to opt out of this war, because he loved her, he would not let the woman he loves as a trophy there.

Hi, I'm the best user in the world!

Fantastic goods from you, man. Elvis Performs Hound Dog on National T.V. - Lost Forest After Dark I have understand your stuff previous to and you're just too fantastic. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible. I can't wait to read much more from you. This is actually a great Elvis Performs Hound Dog on National T.V. - Lost Forest After Dark informations.

say good for three years does not meet ,dr dre headphones
time with our love to keep
you laughed and said this is our test of our agreement
took another three years so I
or return to this place shut our eyes and wait for you there

air kiss your face
I remember our happy life of the agreement agreed

for you to write that song
he secretly tears of
I love you more than before that the wind had
even laughed me
I think he would tell you I love you I
think he will tell you the
you will remember our promise
listening to the wind I laugh
he will tell you I love you

Increasing the amount of Norwegian gas in slovak import is the best solution in political terms, because Norway is a strategic partner of the European Union and a stable secure source of gas, because of its political stability and economic wealth.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on January 4, 2010 1:08 PM.

Friday Random Top 10 was the previous entry in this blog.

Taco Bell's Drive Through Diet? is the next entry in this blog.