Bachmann-Palin-Overdrive

duo-1.jpg

So what do you get when you combine the former half-term Governor of the State of Alaska and a conservative Congresswoman from central Minnesota who puts the nut into wingnut? (well besides the whitest place in the world)? You get Bachmann-Palin-Overdrive that's what you get. And they're takin' care of business baby (literally, with a $10,000-a-plate fundraiser as part of the agenda).

That's right nearly 11,000 adoring fans somehow got away from their day jobs to come down to a place represented by a black Muslim congressman to get a chance to show their love for Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann. By most accounts the tea party crowd did themselves good as no misspelling of the word America showed up on their signs, no use of the "N" word, etc. Must be that publically funded Minnesota education showing through.

signs.jpg
Signs are pre-made to ensure proper spelling

While the message was pretty basic Republican fare: turn back the clock on individual rights, tax breaks for those who can afford $10,000 chicken dinners in a hotel ballroom, and government hands off your government provided Medicare benefits, the fact that it was delivered by two smokin' hot cougar brunettes almost guaranteed universal love. Word of a vibrant black market Viagra trade in the convention center restrooms is pure speculation.

I especially loved the quotes from supporters saying that half-term Governor Palin was a champion of the people and would represent their interests. Sure the gal talks a good game, but look at her record, she has been as big a supporter of business interests (and her own interests) over the little guy since her days of being Mayor of Wasilla (population 12,500).

Duo.jpg
I know what you're thinking -- Keep your mind out of the gutter!!

In the end it's all good harmless fun. The Teaparty crowd gets to see their hotties, and blow off a little steam. Better than shooting up a police station or threatening elected officials who disagree with them. The rest of us get to chuckle in amusement and count the days until conservatives are disappointed by their latest "anointed" ones.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. The whole point of conservatism is to RESTORE individual rights. Liberalism (which you adhere to) wants the government to control every aspect of your life because you don't think we can do it on our own. It's just because you don't need anything from the government yet that you haven't felt the frustration of dealing with stupid governmental bureaucracy. And you must obviously love paying almost up to half your weekly salary in taxes unless you have lots and lots of deductions--or unless you are on the government payroll. Because that's what we pay between federal, social security (which is about 1/1000 of what we are FORCED by government to put in and probably will never even get, state taxes, consumption taxes, property taxes, ad infinitum. And obviously you've never had to deal with government employees who are some of the worst educated and dopiest folks on the planet. Why do I want THEM controlling my life and the lives of my children? Why do YOU want the government to have access to everything in your life? That's the real mystery. The only ones who benefit are the people who run the corrupt government. Those people are great at using our tax dollars to benefit themselves. They waste enormous amounts of money like it grows on trees - oh wait a minute - it does grow on plants anyway - because that's all it's worth anymore. Just print some more. T.E.A. TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY - My meager salary - has over a third taken out in taxes - federal and state; my husband's - almost half.

And, oh by the way, don't forget the rest of the United States' public education which is one of the worst in the western world. I would be willing to bet that most parents, if given money to put their kids in a private school, would opt for that choice (including you). I can guarantee you that most of Congress and the rest of them controlling our lives put their kids in private academies - ESPECIALLY in Washington, D.C. Our public schools are dangerous places. I don't know how old you are but I remember when public schools gave one a pretty decent education - and we were also taught the Ten Commandments and Psalm 23, prayed the Lord's Prayer every morning over the school intercom, and we did not have to pass through metal detectors to get on the campus. Doors were never locked from the outside and the halls were safe. The worst thing we got in trouble for was chewing gum and skipping class. We had music, art, and physical education as basic parts of the curricula. No one had to fight to keep these courses. Schools taught classical academics - there weren't ridiculous time wasters like multiculturalism, sex education in the elementary schools, alternative lifestyles courses, and an inordinate number of videos watched on a daily basis. Parents didn't have to worry about what their kids might be taught. The only kids opting out were the JW's on holidays. It was still Christmas break and not winter holidays break. No one had to worry about being politically correct. Kids had to get their parents' permission for everything. Nowadays, you can't give a kid more than a Tylenol without parent consent, but you can give them an abortion (which could irreparably damage them or even kill them, and definitely kills the baby) without parental consent. This is liberalism at its ultimate worst. And you will say that it was liberals who got civil rights - and once again - you would be wrong. It was conservatives who were abolitionists and it was church people who truly fought for human rights - NOT the liberals.

Thanks, Jane for introducing some sense into this website I just happened to stumble into tonight. The original author brought up "the whitest place in the world", "muslim congressman", and the "n-word". This shows where Freealonzo's obsessions exist. And has the author seen what some of the Dems' fundraising dinners cost? His good friend Harry Reid is the Democrat which stated Obama will be a good President because he doesn't speak in the normal "negro dielect". Nice. And his other good buddy, Vice President and fellow Democrat Joe Biden who said Obama was "well spoken and clean". As opposed to what, Joe?, all the OTHER Norwegians?. And then it was the author's mentor, Barrack Obama who made jokes about mentally-retarded children while yukking it up on national late-night TV. Oh those Democrats are so kind and thoughtful.

My hope is that some members of our community will be interested in submitting their scholarly work for possible presentation at the conference. I'm serving as co-ch air of the conference's Marketing Education track, one of more than 15 tracks that comprise the conference program.

Nodrog 108- My father (who has now sadly passed away) was totally with your father he watched them all-up to 2003 from the 50s. Tony Green was his best!

Health improvements are generally an appealing subject as it entirely possible that everyone seems to be overseas with regard to solutions and definitely the same is true throughout the us. In fact, the dubious matter regarding health benefits continues to be as well as may be such a very hot matter this perfectly might a minimum of partly decide that each of our subsequent chief executive is going to be.

amazing i love these, good job! wow amazing i love those, good work!

Amazing! You did a great job. You should write a lot!

Can I simply say what a reduction to search out somebody who truly is aware of what theyre speaking about on the internet. You definitely know tips on how to bring an issue to gentle and make it important. Extra folks must read this and perceive this aspect of the story. I cant consider youre no more popular since you definitely have the gift.

There are some interesting points in time in this article but I don't know if I see all of them center to heart.There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further.Good article , thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as well

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on April 8, 2010 8:54 AM.

Live Rust -- Cortez the Killer was the previous entry in this blog.

Friday Random Top 10 is the next entry in this blog.