Mark Dayton Prevails

dayton.jpg

For the third straight election cycle Minnesota Democrats had a choice between a candidate who would appeal state-wide (including the vote rich suburbs) and a candidate with a narrow appeal foisted upon us by union stewards (not the rank and file), selected party hacks, and sparsely populated northern Minnesota.

Although much better than Tom Emmer, I am afraid that Mark Dayton is too weird and too polarizing to appeal to most voters in a general election. Oh well, it may be a disaster for the state financially, but at least an Emmer administration will be fun to watch!

Yup. I wonder if I should start looking for a new job now or wait until November when Emmer is actually elected?

I cannot believe that this is the best that the two parties has to offer. Our version of Sarah Palin - Tom Emmer and weirdo Mark Dayton. And then you throw in the unelectable Tom (Tim?) Horner. Put it this way - the most conservative guy I know in the world doesn't even like Tom Emmer. This guy won't even want to pave roads if it means using tax money. Where has the "political middle" gone?

Lastly, can somebody tell me why Matt Entenza thought it would be a good idea to have Fox 9's Robyn Robinson as a running mate?

I agree Jeff. Why does Tom Emmer want to make us like South Dakota? Has he ever been to South Dakota? Besides the Black Hills, it's a place to avoid.

Mark Dayton is weird, I also think he's hopped up (or is it down) on Zoloft.

How would you like to be Matt Entenza? "Um honey, if you're looking at the bank statement you may notice a little change. I had a mid-life crisis and unfortunately I spent a bit of money. No I didn't buy a red sports car, it cost a little more than that. I spent $63 a vote in a primary election for Governor. It's no big deal, it's only $5 million dollars, can't you just sell some stock? Oh the market's down? Sorry."

I like what you guys are up too. Such intelligent work and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys I have incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it'll improve the value of my web site :)

This is getting a bit more subjective, but I much prefer the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, has more flair, and some cool features like 'Mixview' that let you quickly see related albums, songs, or other users related to what you're listening to. Clicking on one of those will center on that item, and another set of "neighbors" will come into view, allowing you to navigate around exploring by similar artists, songs, or users. Speaking of users, the Zune "Social" is also great fun, letting you find others with shared tastes and becoming friends with them. You then can listen to a playlist created based on an amalgamation of what all your friends are listening to, which is also enjoyable. Those concerned with privacy will be relieved to know you can prevent the public from seeing your personal listening habits if you so choose.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on August 11, 2010 8:15 AM.

Friday Random Top 10 was the previous entry in this blog.

Friday Random Top 10 is the next entry in this blog.