Catholic Anti-Homosexuality DVDs

You may have heard that the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis is sending out an anti-gay marriage DVD to all parishioners in the Archdiocese. It is ostensibly related to impacting this Fall's general election. Below is a copy of an e-mail I sent to the Archdiocese and our Priest.

As a faithful and active Catholic, I am disappointed in the Archdiocese sending of an Anti-gay marriage DVD to parishioners. I am saddened to say that the Church is out of step with most of its flock on this issue, especially those under 50 years of age.

I will be reducing the amount of our family giving to Annunciation Church by a one time amount of $5.00 which I feel is what it cost to produce and mail out this DVD to our family.

Given its past history related to the role of women in the Church and current stance against homosexuality, being Catholic can be hard sometimes. It is especially tough when one acknowledges that the Catholic Church has the most articulate and passionate thinking on social justice of any mainstream religion. The Church is becoming more and more isolated in its stance against homosexuality and hopefully as a younger generation becomes more entrenched in the Church, its thinking will change. Until then I guess we have to stomach anti-gay marriage DVDs from our church leaders.

Free - did you get a copy of this DVD? I'd love to see it. I bet it's absolutely hilarious.

Jeff, I haven't gotten it yet. When I do, I will make sure you get to see it. I am sure it will be quite humorous.

I don't get why they spend their energy producing an anti gay DVD when they can spend their energy focusing on something for the greater good of this world.

I feel like the Gay Rights movement will be viewed in future history books as similar to the Womens Rights and African American Rights movements. I hope humanity one day sees that we're all just people.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on September 22, 2010 9:08 AM.

It wasn't all bad was the previous entry in this blog.

Friday Random Top 10 is the next entry in this blog.