Gopher Football Preview

marquies.jpg

Tonight is the start of the football season for the 2010 Golden Gophers of Minnesota and most pundits and fans don't give the Gopher's a whole lot of respect or think they will win a whole lot of games. Coach Brewster has yet to demonstrate that his coaching ability can match his enthusiasm and the Gophers, to be frank, have a hellish schedule. I am in agreement that five wins will be hard to come by this year.

The Gophers should win tonight at Middle Tennessee State, especially since their stud QB is suspended. Wins at home against South Dakota and Northern Illinois should be givens (if Gophers lose tonight or against Northern Illinois, it's going to be a long season). USC at home should be a fun game and USC has a depleted team and idiot coach, but they are also playing with a chip on their shoulder and will be looking to kick some Big Ten butt.

The home Big Ten schedule is especially tough with a potential win slated against Northwestern but home toughies with OSU, PSU, and Iowa. Purdue and Illinois are winnable (especially Illinois), but on the road has been tough for Brewster's boys. At Wisconsin will be tough too.

So I predict five wins (MTSU, SoDak, No Ill, Northwestern, Illinois). That means no trophy wins for the 4th straight season, no bowl game, and a lot of pressure for Tim Brewster to be shown the door. Alas, we still have a beautiful stadium to watch games in (although that November 27 Iowa game could be coooold!). Will Brewster survive the season? Will the Gophers surprise? How can this team be turned around? Tonight the discussion starts.

What do you think of the Gopher's chances this year?

I'm having a hard time mustering much enthusiasm for this season. I'm trying to stay positive, but Brewster needs to do something this season to give us a reason to believe in him. Last night's win does nothing for me.

Yeah, I noticed that too, great article

Nice read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing some research on that. And he actually bought me lunch as I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on September 2, 2010 10:14 AM.

The Superior Hiking Trail was the previous entry in this blog.

Friday Random Top 10 is the next entry in this blog.