Lindsey Carmichael's Blog

My name is Lindsey Carmichael. I am currently a fifth year senior at the University of Minnesota. I am in both the College of Design and the Carlson School of Management, studying Retail Merchandising, Marketing, and Supply Chain Management. I have a passion for fashion and am eager to start a career in the apparel industry, creating efficiencies to help companies gain competitive advantages. Currently I am a Community Advisor in Bailey Hall in the Design House Living and Learning Community. I face challenges and see myself grow everyday as I act as a resource for my residents. I also have a second job doing marketing for a small internet based company. In addition to school and work, I am involved with student organizations, most notably the Undergraduate Supply Chain and Operations Club in the Carlson School. I also enjoy getting involved with area professional organizations such as Fashion Group International and the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals.

I am originally from northern Illinois and came to the University of Minnesota because both of my parents are alumni of here and they had strong retail and business programs. I have enjoyed my time here at the University very much. I have met great friends, faculty, and mentors who have helped me get to where I am and are the cornerstone for me to get to where I want to be. I am very grateful for the opportunities I have been given as a student of the University of Minnesota and hope to one day be successful enough where I can give back to this fine institution.