Secret santa

I went to st. cloud this saturday, again and me and all my friends drew names for secret santa. We lowered our limit this year to 20$ instead of 30$ like last year. I drew my friend sam, and normally it is pretty easy to shop for the other person, because they ask for something specific, but my friend asked me to get her cute necklaces, earings, or a purse. It is hard to shop for this kind of stuff because some people have different taste on this stuff, but she obviously knows what i wear, and trusts me on it, so i am not too nervous. Also, i will go shopping with a couple of my other friends and have them help me.

Next Semester

I finally signed up for my classes and i am very pleased with my schedule. I had to take physics 2, chem 2, and calc 2, and then i got to pick 1 lib ed. After about an hour of searching for the lib ed that intersted me and fufilled 2 requiremnts i signed up for intro to women studies. I have heard from many people that it is a really intersting class and the teacher is amazing. The only thing i am worried about, is that i have to pass physics 1 to go into physics 2 and at this moment i do not know if that is going to happen. I guess we will see!

New Roomate

It's official! I am not going to be getting a new roomate at all, at least for this semester. The roomate i was supposed to recieve after my first roommate moved out was able to move out herself and go back home. So either i am a really bad roommate or i just have the worst luck. But i am looking forward to my space, and right now i get more homework done, because there are just some times where i have nothing else better to do. Also, i no longer have to move my stuff back to one side. The only bad thing is that now there is noone to tell me to keep my room clean and it has gotten a little messy.

The weekend

This weekend was pretty boring. Most of my friends came home this weekend, they all have a house together in st. cloud. But the reason they came home was because they were all working together saturday and sunday morning at seven so they did not want to really do anything. So, friday night i went out to eat with my boyfriend, we went to red lobster and then we just went home and watched some tv and went to bed, i was so tired from the week before. So saturday he went to work and all my friends went to work so i was just chillin at home until i went and played texas holdem at noon. I got fourth place, pretty fun. Finally i wen with my friend saturday night to see saw 3 wich was ok, but they are just so gorey it is hard to watch, and they went home to go to bed so i went to my boyfriends, watched some tv and went to bed. Sunday i woke up and layed around and then came to school to go to work. The only reason i went home this weekend was to see my mom, because she is leaving for Louisiana for two months and i will not see her untl christmas. So i guess it was a very unaventful weekend, but i will make up for it this weekend.

trackbacks

work

Working at Bailey hall Dining services has become very boring and long. My favorite manager was moved to fronteir hall and so i am stuck with working for two managers, one who is really strict and another who is very lazy. I do not mind working for the strict one because she can be very nice if you are always doing something, however the other manager just gets on my nerves. One day i was at work with my other two usual employees and the bad manager was working. There was a buffet dinner in the back room for one of bailey halls residence floors. I have never seen anyone in there eating, so when it came time to cleaning at seven me and my two co-workers did our usual and we got done early so we helped the dish room. Well, we all finished at eight whch is when we are scheduled to get off, but we walk downstairs and the manager asked us if we cleaned the back room. We said no, because there were many things we did not know what to do with. But she told us we had to do that. We were very frustrated just because she couldn't get off her computer and come upstairs to tell us, or even tell us before the day was over. That is just one little thing that happened, but this sort of thing happens every time she is manager and it is very frustrating.

Today!

Today my roomate moved all her stuff out by the time i got back from st. cloud this weekend. it was really wierd to walk into my room and half the room be empty, but i got some stuff from my house and set my room up. It is actually pretty nice to have all this space, but i am just realizing how lonely it can be in a dorm room by yourself. i think it could be nice cause i will have a lot of time to get my homework done, but then i might go crazy, because my whole dorm is pretty quiet as it is. But as i was walking into my room after dinner two girls came up to me and said that one of them might be my new roomate which will be pretty wierd to start with a new roomate, especially someone i have not really talked to at the dorm. I guess we will wait and see!!

Roomate, Cont....

So, as i was saying before, i did not know if my roomate would move out because it was depending on wether or not she got into St. Kates. But i found out today that she is moving our this sunday! She is going to move home, which she really did not want to, but in order for her to get a portion of her money back from housing she has to be out by sunday. However, she is going to finish the semester here at the U, but next semester she is going to St. Kates if she is accepted, and if she does not get accepted she is going to go to a tech college. So now that i know for sure she will not be here i have been making plans for the room, but i still do not know if i am going to get a roommate. Someone told me there was still people in the lounges in our dorm, so i am thinking they will probably move one of those girls into my room, which will most likely suck because it is half way through the semester. But, i will let you guys know on the details of my roommate in later blogs!!!

Roommate

Today i found out that my roommate is applying to St. Kates college and if she gets accepted she will be moving out of the dorm at the end of this semester. I heard that it is not that hard to get into St. Kates and because she is a good student she will probably be accepted, so this is basically a for sure thing. I am kind of sad because i do not like to live alone right now, but then it will be kind of nice because i will have a lot of free space. I do not know for sure if i will get a new roommate which is probably my least favorite outcome, it seems like there is not really anyone who is still in need of a room especially on the st. paul campus. I already planed what i would do with the room if she left and i did not get another roommate. I would unloft my bed and keep hers lofted and i would then get my own tv, fridge, and microwave. I would also have double the closet and dresser space, which would be super nice!!! I guess we will see what it comes down to at the end of the semester.