About the Stability, Permanency and Adoption Blog
The Stability, Permanency and Adoption blog was developed by the Center for Advanced Studies in Child Welfare as a way to inform child welfare professionals and others about practice, research and policy issues regarding permanency and adoption of children and youth.
To improve the well-being of children and families who are involved in the child welfare system by: educating human service professionals, fostering collaboration across systems and disciplines, informing policy makers and the public, and expanding the child welfare knowledge base.
CASCW Guiding Values:
- All children deserve competent and effective child welfare services to promote safety, well-being and permanency.
- Effective child welfare workers require continual professional development that is financially, geographically and culturally accessible.
- Effective child welfare training, education, policy and evaluation is multidisciplinary, multicultural and collaborative in nature.
- Child welfare evaluation informs policy and practice resulting in better outcomes for children and families.
- Policy makers and the public make effective decisions when provided with current, relevant, and accurate child welfare information.