A Night With Friends

This is my final project about a night out with friends. I used a combination of photography, drawings, photoshop and sounds to create this stop motion animation.

It's Gotta Be Me

This is a stopmotion created with drawings that have to do with things I like and that are important to me.

A Photo a Day Keeps the Boredom Away Part 9

This is a photo from a walk down by the Mississippi River that I edited a little.
DSC_0028_2.JPG

The next photo is Ari Herstand, a newer Minnesotan artist, performing on the St. Paul campus mall area on April 30, 2010. (phone quality)
Ari Herstand.jpg

I discovered this band, Owl City, before he became rather popular and played on the radio. Which is one reason why it's fun to find out about upcoming artists, especially Minnesotan artists, then being able to see them in person. This concert was May 1, 2010.
DSC_0043.jpg

The Best of All Possible Worlds

Laura Primozic
And Then There Was One (clay, wax and wood) - 3 part piece

Glaciers Melting In The Dead Of The Night (clay and wax)

These two pieces I believe to all fit together really well even though they are separate pieces. The second piece listed shows small icebergs/glaciers at a far distance from one another and a lot of open water to represent that they are melting. The other piece has an iceberg seeming to get towed away, a bunch of boats surrounding a glacier seeming to take it apart/destroy it and one that looks as if there was a giant oil spill to maybe represent the pollution and/or global warming affects. These to pieces can fit together because pollution and global warming can cause the glaciers to melt at an advanced rate and by showing the boats, that add pollution, and the pile, of what appears to be, oil containers and the spills that came with them. The used media was well chosen because it makes the subjects (water, glaciers, etc.) easier to visual and more realistic.

A Photo a Day Keeps the Boredom Away Part 8

These first two pictures represent To Write Love on Her Arms day (TWLOHA).
DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0002a.JPG

I like to doodle, draw and color. Music lyrics and quotes inspire me. This is a combination of all of those things.
DSC_0011.JPG

MN Original

On April 22, 2010, the first episode of MN Original aired on tv. After watching this episode it makes me more interested in watching more of this show as well as learn more about hidden talent. I think this show is a great idea because it's a way that local artists can get acknowledged and recognized. Recently I have been discovering local musicians through friends and Facebook, which I always find pretty neat because local artists tend not to be well known and I like spreading new findings. This show could help both the people who are included in the episodes in being discovered and help the viewers find something new to enjoy.

A Photo a Day Keeps the Boredom Away Part 7

I toook a picture of my eye because I find eyes rather interesting, pretty and intricate because everyone's eyes are different and the irises have intricate designs and different colors in them. Eyes just interest me in a way that's kind of hard to explain.
DSC_0002_2.JPG

This is a picture of a Twins game that I went to at Target Field.
106_4657.JPG

This is a picture of the Mat Kearney concert I went to with one of my friends for the U of M 'lend a hand hear the band'.
106_4679.JPG

Where the Wild Things Are

For this analysis I looked at the different clips available on wherethewildthingsare.warnerbrothers.com and noticed that it is common to have the camera angle be from Max's (the main character) perspective and looking directly at him from his level. I think this was used in order to make the viewers seem to be more a part of this movie by becoming almost an equal to Max. This could also be used so that the viewers feel the same things Max does (to an extent) because by seeing things the same way and certain angles allow for certain feelings can give the viewers a 'bond' with the main character. Also, seeing the way Max reacts to things at his eye level allow for the viewers to get a better understanding of things going on in the film.

Are You Joking?

"Tom Poole is Joking" is the name of the 3-Minute Egg segment I chose to respond to. I found this segment interesting in the way that Tom Poole's ideas and comedic art were displayed. Tom was talking throughout a majority of the segment while showing both him talking and parts of one of his shows as well. The things that Tom talked about were interesting because I find it neat to figure out how people come up with ideas and such. Tom mentioned that he does do some comissioned works, which end up limiting his idea range. However, he does end up writing other acts whether they will end up getting published or not. I think by showing Tom Poole's interview and parts of his comedic works makes it easier to understand the kinds of projects that he does, as well as, his comedic style.

Busy At Peace

This is my video project that shows the transition between the natural aspect of the world to city life and different aspects of the environments.