« Midwest Junto | Main | Zatocoding »

Junto Report

This past weekend, I attended the 2008 Midwest Junto for the History of Science, a conference geared primarily towards graduate students in the history of science, technology, and medicine. This year's meeting was located in Minneapolis, so it was a good opportunity for me to learn a bit about the field and do a little networking on behalf of CBI. I was impressed with the caliber of many of the graduate student presentations that I saw, particularly those from the University of Minnesota program (no bias) and the University of Oklahoma. The atmosphere was friendly, convivial, and informal; and I became an official Junto member by paying $2 in dues and signing my name in a registration book.

So far, check out the University of Minnesota HSTM blog for a review; more reviews to come, I'm sure. If you're in the Midwest, definitely consider attending next year's Junto at the Linda Hall Library in Kansas City.