Recent Survey on Central Service Adoption

Recently, I responded to an OIT survey on adoption of central services by University units. This survey was given to the MIS/IT Directors group and a way to see where we are overall as a University. CCE finds itself in good company with respect to how we utilize central services. Like many others, we use many services, and we are planning to migrate other services soon (for us we are planning on the Summer). I am also hoping this will help keep OIT aligned with where we and other colleges at the "U" are going and vice versa. The full results can be viewed at the OIT Planning site.

New Web DataMart

We have been getting a lot of great feedback from CCE staff who are beta testing the new DataMart and reports. People really seem to like the tool and find it generally intuitive to use. It has taken a lot of work between the new interface and converting all the existing reports (along with a few improvements, here and there). I am very excited to have the new tool available for the College to use! We are looking at offering brown bags for staff to come and acquaint (or re-acquaint) themselves with DataMart, after we launch the new version. I hope people are as excited about this as I am!

New Team Member

Don't be suprised if you hear a new voice on the other end of the phone when you call OIS, or see a new face coming to your office to help with something. I want to announce that there is a new OIS support team member, Tim Mayville, who comes to us with several years experience in computer support and has a lot of expertise in Microsoft products. I just know staff will enjoy working with him in the coming months (and years)!

Blogging Experiment

This Blog is an experiment primarily designed for College of Continuing Education (CCE) staff to get information on what is happening with technology in the College. This blog is maintained by the Office of Information Systems (OIS) Director, Scott Tisinger, and I hope that people will find this a useful means of communication.