Jump to menu. Jump to content. Jump to search.

Go to the CCE home page.

Follow Us: Join CCE on Facebook.  Join CCE on Google+.  Join CCE on LinkedIn. 

College of Continuing Education News

From the Development Director

KathleenDavoli_Blog_212x155.jpg

Dear Friends,

Earlier this spring we mailed a survey asking folks if they have designated the College of Continuing Education (CCE) as a beneficiary in their will or estate plan. You'd be surprised at the diversity of people who have arranged a gift like this.

They range in age from 34 to 94 and are men and women who are married, single, rich, and of modest means. They all have seen the benefits of a college education and some feel especially strongly about a degree that they designed to meet their particular career-life goals.

As a group, they are practical, forward-thinking individuals who are insuring their own legacies. I hope to hear from more of these generous souls over the next few months, because they are all men and women of substance and a joy to meet.

Sharon Hogenson is one of these who has planned for a gift to CCE in her will. I hope you will read more about her and her love of learning in this blog. The self-designed degrees and professional education our students receive are worth their weight in gold. That value is rarely forgotten.

Before each commencement ceremony Dean Nichols visits with the students and is always impressed at how clearly focused and prepared they are for a life's work in their own unique fields, thanks to the wealth of knowledge available to them here at the U.

If you are interested in making a gift to the College either now or through your estate, please call me. It would be my pleasure to talk with you.

All the best,

Kathleen Davoli
Director of Development
College of Continuing Education
612-625-1253
www.cce.umn.edu/SupportCCE