Jump to menu. Jump to content. Jump to search.

Go to the CCE home page.

LearningLife

Follow Us: Join LearningLife on Facebook.  Join CCE on LinkedIn. 

How do you want to share your knowledge?

As we get older, many of us find ourselves wanting to pass on what we know, think, and believe. While we still enjoy applying our wisdom to professional or personal challenges, we also want others to benefit from it.

What knowledge, deeds, and insights do you want to share? How would you help assure continuity in your workplace, family, or community? Could a broader public benefit from your wisdom? Can the knowledge you hold positively influence the future of your workplace, community, or other sphere?

How would most like to share your knowledge? Would you write a memoir or a manual? Would you blog? Would you create a slide show? Would you want to be a mentor, a coach, or a teacher? How about public speaking?

How passionate are you about sharing your knowledge?

I have taken a few of the continuing education classes through the U and found them to be very informative. I especially like having a knowledgeable expert in the field conducting the class. I too am changing the direction of my career and the U is very well accepted in the employment circles as quality education. I for one will continue in my endeavor to change the direction of my worklife and will also continue my learning with the U of M Continuing Education department's many offerings.

My group has taken the pains to produce an "intuitive model" of the 'CHI'- an acronym we use for the Collective Human Intellect. It represents the ultimate OS for utilization in future cybernetic systems. My group believes that many groups, like ours must have completed models, given the propagation rates associated with what is referred to as "aggregate exchange." We have already witnessed many examples of parallel theory attributes from the many posts shown when researchers contribute to websites like Principia Cybernetica Web. So, our public outreach is borne of a moral imperative to provide the public with due process, due notice, & due diligence, i.e.,progress reports & statements of proposed application(s) - a society deserves to be able to reach consensus on any novel technology that may have the impetus for high impact on the society. My group is guarded and inherently "measured" in this activity of promoting the notion that a working model/ prototype of sentient "A.I." is just around the corner. The potentials in the marriages with embedded systems give us the greatest sense of trepidation, though even applications that are seemingly innocuous could be potentially twisted into ones of malfeasance. Still we do not wish to appear as "alarmist," or be accused of fear-mongering. We only can hope that humanity errors on the side of caution where this industry is concerned.
Our greatest obstacle to having a renaissance in human thinking is modern-day human preoccupations / distractions that prove ever-the-more seductive than the often arduous process of initially internalizing the paradigmatic architectures found in our "intuitive" model (offered to the public), which is comprised of systems concepts - albeit nebulous, we refer to as "primitives." So how do we promote an undertaking as "involved" as this??? We ARE open to suggestions! We DO know that for the future to be & remain "participatory," humanity will need to find ways/ methodologies to assure expeditious, conciliatory processes for remediation, the reliable & ready constructions of contextual backdrops, and the enhanced ability for appreciative assessments of acquired sensibilities.
At present, humanity displays the counterproductive penchant for muddling the otherwise simply stated - often used for psychological "slights of hand" or smokescreens to divert attentions away from the obvious which, if brought into full light, can be damaging to accrued illegitimate gains. Conversely, our species often attempts to over-simplify the truly "complex" - relatively speaking, simply because of a perceived inability to find "common ground."
So we wait for our society to develop enough desire to seek better ways to find solutions. Perhaps a number of thresholds need to be realized concurrently to provide for that potentiality. We also have a blog we invite others to read: collectiveintellect.blogspot.com

I am a former college professor. I am on medical leave now, due to cancer chemotherapy. While my treatment appointments make it difficult for me to keep a regular teaching schedule, I am still able to do occasional lectures & lab demonstrations.
My subjects were:
1) gross anatomy (including cadaver dissection), 2) neuroscience (including brain dissection), 3) radiology, 4) embryology, 5) joint tissues & properties, including topics such as osteoporosis. I have knowledge to offer to seniors, or others interested in medical topics.