Links

Creative Conversations Film Series

When I heard about the Creative Conversations Film Series, I immediately thought "What a great way to engage with like-minded citizens and meet interesting people!" I was also struck by its many connections to the work we do here at the Center for Democracy and Citizenship - it is about citizens working together to make change happen in their communities.

The Film Series is focused around "Community Approaches to Conflict for Justice and Change." Free and open to the public, each film is followed by a discussion of how individuals and communities can work against crime and injustice in creative ways. The films are being shown this fall at Hamline University, the Humphrey Institute, and William Mitchell Law School.

The next Creative Conversations Film night is Tuesday, October 23rd at 7:00 pm at William Mitchell College of Law Auditorium. The film, entitled, "A Force More Powerful," shares stories of successful nonviolent campaigns around the world. These stories shed light on how people can gather together to obtain the change they need. The film is presented by the Nonviolent Peaceforce.

To see the full list of films showing this fall visit www.creativeconversations.info and decide how you will work towards justice and peace through your own conversations.

Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs