Links

Residents, churches, and city officials develop community response to veterans

Nearly 300 members of the Minnesota National Guard are expected to attend a community event at the Bloomington, Minn., armory, from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, January 12.

Bloomington residents and businesses who want to honor the service of veterans are invited to participate in the "Stand To." The suggested donation by businesses is 20 to 40 hours of time, and areas of need include: painting, plumbing, lawn service, snow removal, resume development and interview coaching, money management, stress management, and family counseling.

Although the event is timed to coincide with a National Guard drill weekend, veterans from all branches of the military are welcome.

Read "Partners to aid returning military members", a guest column in the December 13 Bloomington Sun Current signed by the mayor, a local church leader, and an organizer for the Warrior to Citizen campaign.

Congratulations to Bloomington, MN for your generous outreach to our returning military personnel!

Although I cannot be there to participate, I'd like to offer my Interview Coaching services - virtually at www.interviewcoach.com where anyone can take a free practice interview and receive a free 9 week interview e-course.

Good luck with your event!

Warm wishes,

Carole Martin, The Interview Coach
www.interviewcoach.com

Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs