Rapson 127 Closed Saturday, October 24th
The CDes Computer Lab is Rapson 127 will be CLOSED on Saturday, October 24th. Due to the closing, there will be no after hours access between closing time (6pm) Friday and when we reopen on Sunday. We will re-open as usual Sunday at noon.
This closure is due to a service interruption of several major centrally-provided U of MN services. A short list of affected services is included below. For a more complete list, please see this url.
Services most relevant to the College of Design which will be affected are:
- Pharos (Laser) printing will be unavailable
- Plotting (and the system for charging for plotting) will be unavailable
- Applications which utilize license management which is served from the data center will not be available to use. These applications include: Google SketchUp Pro, Rhino, ArcGIS, HydroCAD, and all AutoDesk products
- Network folders (including class folders) will be unavailable
- OneStop self-service web applications will be unavailable
- The MyU portal, as well as WebVista and Moodle may be available, but will have "reduced capacity"
- NetFiles will have reduced capacity
- One-third of email users will not be able to access email (1 of the 3 main email servers will be down)
The downtime is scheduled to be concluded by noon on Sunday, October 25th. If the data center is back online at this time, then these services should start to become available again at some point during the day Sunday. Please be prepared for the possibility that the maintenance may take longer than planned and may not be available until later in the day on Sunday.
We realize that that this downtime will be inconvenient and apologize for the disruption in service, however it is critical that this maintenance be performed.
Please also note that the CDes/OIT Computer Lab in 305 McNeal Hall will be open on Saturday, and available for use. They will be affected by the same service disruptions that the lab in Rapson will be, but they will be open and remaining services will be available for use.