the previous 30 days' information technology related blog posts @ the Univeristy of Minnesota

UMD Phone Systems Migrating to Avaya Aura

ITSS has received notice that our Nortel telephone systems will reach End-of-Support in 2018. Nortel systems are migrating to the Avaya Aura platform to protect over $1.5 million in current investment....

Why Does it Say [Warning: Phish?] in My Email Subject Line?

The prefix [Warning: Phish?] on an email subject line helps to alert you of a possible scam. It is added to a message, which is suspected of being an unsolicited email that could lure you in and prompt you...

Upgrade Update

What's the latest scoop on the Upgrade? Signs are positive. Work is getting done. Issues are being resolved. And milestones lie ahead....

New Access Control Process

ITSS has developed a process to grant and control access rights to systems and applications....

Improve Accessibility: Google Documents

Google Documents lacks key accessibility functionality and should be used with caution as it currently is not inclusive to all people. For example it lacks a way for authors to make data tables accessible. However, some methods exist for...

The FDA's Role in Innovative Change

Paul Overbee, Articles Editor In Volume Six, Issue Two of the Minnesota Journal of Law, Science and Technology, Susan B. Foote and Robert Berlin penned a piece titled "Can Regulation be as Innovative as Science and Technology? The FDA's Regulation...

The Development of Autonomous Vehicles

Kirsten Johanson, MJLST Staff Member On a glorious Halloween day last fall, the Minnesota Journal of Law, Science and Technology (MJLST) co-sponsored its annual symposium entitled "Automated Vehicles: The Legal and Policy Road Ahead." As the title implies, this symposium...

The Shift Toward Data Privacy: Workplace, Evidence, and Death

I'm sure I am not alone in remembering the constant urgings to be careful what I post online. I was told not to send anything in an email I wouldn't want made public, and I guess it made some...

ITSS Award Winners

ITSS staff members Debbie Wing and Matt Johnsted have been recognize for outstanding service and special contributions....

Tesla's Autonomous Vehicle Update is the First Step Toward Bright and Automated Future

Ian Blodger, MJLST Staff Member Tesla Motors recently announced a software update to its Model S that will allow the vehicle to drive autonomously on highways. This development may be the first step toward an almost entirely autonomous vehicle fleet....

A Story to Warm Your Iron-Rich Hemoglobin

Becky Huting, MJLST Articles Editor While recently home in Chicago on spring break, I offered to make my dad a spinach-packed smoothie. My dad (a good sport) agreed, but asked me to make it light on the spinach as he...

About Technar

Technar the Bloginator is an irascible little robot who hangs around the CEHD Academic Technology Services offices. He's always muttering to himself and surfing the net looking for technology related blog posts.

About this Page

This page presents the previous 30 days of blog posts he's found on the UMN Blog system related to information technologies.

• TTBHead.jpg
  • SLnormal_050930_8180_v3.jpg
  • TCnormal_050727_8896.jpg
  • LTnormal_081031_3383.jpg
  • DDnormal_071022_6497.jpg
  • normal_040601_4511.jpg