University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

A beautiful Surprise

As many college student do their capstone projects or major thesis when they get close to finishing their degree program, the expectation for HRD students is a bit different. SInce the program is a bit theoretical, it's a requirement to finish off the major with an internship that has a  min. of 140 hrs/ 4 credits. Prior to my trip to Ethiopia, I had applied and interviewed for an internship position with Work Effects consulting firm in downtown MPLS. Since there were a lot of interest for the one HRD internship they offered, I didn't think I had a chance of getting it. I had my final interview with them the day before I left to Ethiopia. Thinking back, I know I did the best that I could, however I prepared myself just in case I didn't get the offer. Luckily, I was offered the internship and tomorrow will be my first day. 

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.