University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

I'm back...from the motherland-Ethiopia

It's been over a month since I posted my last entry. I recently just came back from a trip in Ethiopia. I went for a month after finals to get a break from Minnesota weather and visit family and friends that I haven't seen in eight years. It was a very bitter-sweet feeling coming back and adjusting to my routine here in the states. Even though it's only been a couple of days, I really miss Ethiopia and the lifestyle I had when I was there. It was really hot during the day to the point that people carried umbrella's to protect them from the sun. Coming from that type of weather to winter was just brutal. 

Thumbnail image for IMG_0104.JPG
Thumbnail image for IMG_0497.JPG
Two days worth of flights later, I arrived in Ethiopia to find a surprise "welcome home" party. Both cakes say the same thing; the one on the left is in the Amharic language. It was a welcome home like no other.

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.