University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Alvin Ailey's Dance Show

Screen shot 2012-05-02 at 12.30.35 AM.png
IMG_0031.jpg

The Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater is a modern dance company based in New York, New York. It was founded in 1958 by choreographer and dancer Alvin Ailey It is made up of 32 dancers as well as artistic director Robert Battle and associate artistic director Masazumi Chaya. The dance theatre is currently touring around the country and I was luck enough to see the show last night. The Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence gave out ten free tickets to the show, and I am glad I was one of those ten. There aren't enough words to describe the show; it was magical.

Interesting fact: The Ailey company has gone on to perform for an estimated 23 million people at theaters in 48 states and 71 countries on six continents -- as well as millions more through television broadcasts.

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.