University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Beautiful Weekend in France

PicMonkey Collage.jpg
Oh France! Where do I even begin? I took a train with one of my roommates from Rome to Nice, France for a weekend. It felt like the vacation of a life-time, even though being in Rome is already a vacation itself.

I stayed with an American that has lived in France for 21 years, which was very beneficial because she also served as our tour-guide as we went from the city of Nice to Marseille.

It would be an understatement to say that this trip was phenomenal. Both Marseille and Nice were very diverse, so I took advantage of that and tried Tunisian, Moroccan, and Turkish food.  I also had an opportunity to have my first, second, and third Crepes which were absolutely delicious.

In both cities I got to see some of the major historical sites, eat delicious food, enjoy the beaches, and make new friends from the other side of the world.

This trip overall set a great tone for all my following weekend trips in and out of Italy. 

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.