University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Cooking Class- Roman Style

In addition to the classes I am taking at CEA Global Education, I participate in various cultural excursions in order to get a better understanding of Roman culture and Italian overall. One of these activities is a cooking class. As you can see in the pictures below, we learned how to make pasta from scratch. 
IMG_0749.JPG
We used 10 eggs, and 100 grams of flour to make the pasta dough.

IMG_0769.JPG
As you can see in the picture above, we made 3 types of pasta with the dough (Fettuccine, Tortellini, and Ravioli ) and we used mashed potatoes as a stuffing for the Tortellini and Ravioli.

Thumbnail image for IMG_0776.JPG
And this is the final product. I took the Fettuccine I made and boiled it while I sautéed some garlic, onions, green peppers, and onions in a different pan. After it was done I mixed the sauteed vegetables with the pasta. To add some finishing touches, I added some red crushed peppers and basil. 

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.