University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Addis

Hello readers! My name is Addis Tesfaye, a twenty-year-old junior here at the University of Minnesota. I'm currently double majoring in Human Resources Development and Business and Marketing Education. I will be declaring a double minor in Spanish and Management in fall 2011 and entering a certificate program for Adult Education. I'm originally from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, but have lived in the states for about eight years. I moved to the U.S. with my mother with hopes of pursuing a higher education.

63379_1642080334674_1316800738_31679527_609256_n.jpgI'm a very enthusiastic and motivated individual that loves to give back to the community. I am currently the President for a non-profit student organization called Black Motivated Women (BMW) for the academic year of 2011-12. BMW's purpose is to serve the U of M campus and surrounding community through educational forums, social events, networking opportunities, and community service. Additionally, I am an MKO (Multicultural Kickoff) Ambassador and Volunteer for the Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence (MCAE) Program. I couldn't be more excited to see my MCAE students at the end of the summer. I am privileged to have these leadership opportunities.

My summer is being spent interning full-time with Blue Cross Blue Shield of MN as a Talent Strategy and Development Intern within the Human Resources Department and working part-time at Fairview Southdale Hospital.

I'm very passionate about traveling. In fact, if I could devote my life to traveling the world, meeting new people, exploring and immersing in different cultures, I would! It's intriguing to see how other people, societies, and cultures function in a different part of the world. I recently went to Spain for a month and fell absolutely in love with the country and culture. This study abroad experience solidified my interest in working internationally post graduation .

As much as I would love to list my favorite hobbies, food, and sports; the word favorite doesn't exist in my vocabulary. I believe that there is too much of everything to choose one specific thing from each category.

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.