"Reading Research into Practice" Summer Literacy Workshop
Rigorous, Research-Based Classroom Instruction, Assessments, and Small Group
Interventions within an RTI Model
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Continuing Education & Conference Center, Room 135
1890 Buford Avenue, St. Paul Campus
"Effective Reading Teachers in Collaborative, Changing Schools: Meeting Students' Needs and Challenging Them All"
- Barbara M. Taylor, MCRR Director
BREAKOUT SESSIONS: Led by University of Minnesota Faculty and Staff Reading Experts
- Matthew Burns, Associate Professor, Educational Psychology
- Theodore Christ, Associate Professor, Educational Psychology
- Deborah Dillon, Guy Bond Chair in Reading, Curriculum & Instruction
- Lori Helman, Assistant Professor, Curriculum & Instruction
- Kristen McMaster, Associate Professor, Educational Psychology
- David G. O'Brien, Professor of Literacy Education, Curriculum & Instruction
- Debra Peterson, Ph.D. Literacy Education, MCRR
- Jennifer York-Barr, Professor, Organizational Leadership, Policy and Development
The workshop will conclude with a Q&A Panel Discussion in which participants can submit questions that will be answered by the faculty presenters in a panel format.
Don't miss this affordable, unique opportunity to access the expertise offered by U of M Faculty to revitalize your teaching mission!
This workshop occurs prior to the start of the new school year to provide school staff with the opportunity to:
-learn how to "put research into practice"
-get new ideas and set positive, measurable goals for the 2010-11
-re-group, re-focus, and reflect on instructional practices
-network and learn about resources that can help your school move forward in key areas for positive student growth and achievement in reading
K-12 Teachers, ELL and Special Ed Teachers, Principals, Literacy Coaches, Reading Specialists and teaching support staff. Others might include K-12 education students, district literacy personnel, staff and faculty from other colleges or universities with a Teacher Education/Reading Licensure program.
Registration is online! For further details, please visit our website:
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Meaghan Tongen at 612-624-4561.