City of Lakes- Waldorf School hiring Events/Volunteer Coordinator Intern
Internship Opportunity: Events/Volunteer Coordinator
Assist the Development Director in the planning, implementation and communication of several community-building and fundraising events: Grandparent/Special Friends Day, Bike-a-Thon, Holiday Fair, Springtide Soiree, and the Circus.
1. Communicate to CLWS community information regarding each event
2. Solicit and coordinate volunteers to support each event
3. Assist in the implementation and logistics of each event
4. Assist in the evaluation of the events, including financials, volunteer needs, and community building
5. Assist in assessing the sustainability of each event
6. Assist in the development and updating of a volunteer database, including:
• listing of volunteer needs within the community
• creating job descriptions for various volunteer positions
• tracking of volunteer hours
7. Assist in creating a volunteer appreciation program
Experience and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have experience organizing events and managing groups of volunteers.
• Four year undergraduate degree preferred; high school degree required
• Three years volunteer and/or office experience
• Highly self-motivated and self-sufficient
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects and meetings
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of the Administrative team, playing a positive and encouraging leadership role
• Demonstrated experience with data entry and database management as well as Word, Excel, and Access programs
• The ability to motivate and inspire when presenting one-to-one and to groups
• Commitment to customer service
• Interest and/or passion in Waldorf education
Hours and Compensation: Stipend only: $500 (minimum) to $1,500 (max) dependent upon each event's fundraising success. Hours are flexible and event driven; each event requires some evening and weekend hours as event date approaches. This internship can begin immediately and will extend through May 2011. Much of the work can be done over 8 weeks prior to each event and likely requires 10 - 15 hours/week (400 - 600 hours total over the school year). A year-long commitment is ideal and preferred.
To apply: Email cover letter, resume, and references to: Valerie Aas, Development Director, City of Lakes Waldorf School, 2344 Nicollet Ave South, Minneapolis, MN 55404, firstname.lastname@example.org.