Internship IT - Application Support
LOCATION: SUPERVALU Corporate Office in Chanhassen, MN
LENGTH: Approximately three (3) months, but possibly longer depending upon the opportunity and intern availability.
OPPORTUNITIES: Supervalu has multiple Spring/Summer Internship openings for undergraduate juniors and seniors, and graduate students to work in a variety of diverse and challenging roles within our corporate Information Technology Department. Candidates will have an opportunity to learn through practical work experience.
We are seeking bright, energetic, and responsible students with superior technology skills, coupled with solid business aptitude. This will provide an opportunity to learn within a Fortune 50 company. Positions will be located within our corporate IT Department supporting Supervalu's current initiatives.
Some roles will be technically oriented, i.e., programming or testing, while others will be more analysis in structure, i.e., requirements analysis, definition and implementation of processes.
Application Support: Analyze and gather metrics in area of IT support for Supply Chain as we develop processes in the new application support organization. Help set up metrics to look at current levels and trends in support ticket calls and be involved in Configuration Item standardization by creating queries off our current change management tool. Will work directly with IT Support Manager for Supply Chain Applications.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Advanced experience with MS Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Qualifications for all SUPERVALU IT internships are:
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• Completion of 2 full years of higher education
• Majoring in MIS, Computer Science, or Business with IT emphasis
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task on a number of project assignments
• Initiative to learn new technologies and processes
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools
• Self-starter, motivated, and a team player
• Creative problem solver
• Ability to be flexible in a dynamic work environment
• Present enrollment in an Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering programs. Graduates and or experienced candidates will not be considered
• Must have the right to work and the eligibility to be legally employed in the United States
Matt Pryor / SUPERVALU / Recruiter II
SUPERVALU - Neighborhood.bmp